2023 with 12" Digital Gauge Cluster?

quietpeen

Reaction score
this youtuber claims that 2023 Ram 1500's have been confirmed to be getting the digital cluster like the Grand Wagoneer. If that is true is it safe to assume that it will be standard on the 2023 TRX?

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
My personal thoughts as a person that loves new tech - definitely digital, is I’m not fully wanting this. As many have seen software is glitchy, screens go blank, they freeze up. Still having some analog gauges is not a bad thing.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My personal thoughts as a person that loves new tech - definitely digital, is I’m not fully wanting this. As many have seen software is glitchy, screens go blank, they freeze up. Still having some analog gauges is not a bad thing.

The only reason your not wanting it is due to glitches? I have had 3 vehicles 2017-2018 and yet all 3 haven't had one issue with the digital screens. Have you heard of several having problems?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I’ve yet to see a full digital display that’s easier to read than simple analog gauges. The configurability is nice and I’d probably like it in a luxury car or something. Not so much in a performance vehicle.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
The only reason your not wanting it is due to glitches? I have had 3 vehicles 2017-2018 and yet all 3 haven't had one issue with the digital screens. Have you heard of several having problems?
You have 2017 and 2018 vehicles with full digital gauge clusters?

Rokk327

Reaction score
Prior to purchasing my 1500, I was wanting to look at models with the 12" screens... as I'm too a tech guy and coming from a 2021 F-150 with the 10" screen which blows the RAM out of the water in terms of technology, interface and safety for the money... I was drooling over the 12" screen in a RAM and the dealer said they were getting 'enough' problems with the 12" screens glitching out and the buttons being unreliable at times.

As an aside, I chose a Laramie over another F-150 because RAM does everything else better and is overall better bang for the buck. Take into account the current new vehicle market and markups.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Prior to purchasing my 1500, I was wanting to look at models with the 12" screens... as I'm too a tech guy and coming from a 2021 F-150 with the 10" screen which blows the RAM out of the water in terms of technology, interface and safety for the money... I was drooling over the 12" screen in a RAM and the dealer said they were getting 'enough' problems with the 12" screens glitching out and the buttons being unreliable at times.

As an aside, I chose a Laramie over another F-150 because RAM does everything else better and is overall better bang for the buck. Take into account the current new vehicle market and markups.

So you skipped getting a Ram and now own a Ford?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko