80’ feet ??

grouch

Reaction score
I've seen guys do similar jumps. Once or twice, no problem. When you make a habit, even if you beef the suspension up some, bad things can happen. A friend did it one time too many. His truck was in good shape, great suspension, no visible cracks in the frame and so on. He jumped once, not as far as he usually did, and his truck folded up.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not bad. From the title of the post, I thought the jump would have been higher but still a decent jump.

grouch

Reaction score
Here are some more jumps. A little of this and a little of that. Some stick the landing and others, not so much. One Jeep owner early on learns what seat belts are for.

grouch

Reaction score
no way I would do any of those jumps with my truck

I'm the same way. I had to watch the Jeep at the beginning twice to make sure he didn't have a seat belt. Back when I raced, there would be guys who would show off like that. That was fine with us. I did an open road rally once and the one car (of three in the class) was showing off big time. The rally started and I came in second to a well prepared team. Mr. Show Off barely finished the course. We were beat by 7.5 seconds with neither of us having penalty times. He was behind by nearly 8 minutes because he had to change a tire. Heavy penalties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko