Anyone letting the dealer fix the shocks?

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I just read about the driver side squat. Anyone braving the dealer to replace the new shocks?

quietpeen

Reaction score
I saw a video about the drivers side squat but are you sure it’s them doing something with the shocks, vs different springs?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw a video about the drivers side squat but are you sure it’s them doing something with the shocks, vs different springs?

Are we talking about the lean in the front and wanting to add something to level it out?

quietpeen

Reaction score
no, from what I saw there is an over all lean to the drivers side and on the 2022 there is a new part number for the drivers side springs to fix the lean. It has also been prevalent on the regular rams over the years and is more noticeable when the gas tank is full

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
no, from what I saw there is an over all lean to the drivers side and on the 2022 there is a new part number for the drivers side springs to fix the lean. It has also been prevalent on the regular rams over the years and is more noticeable when the gas tank is full

So wait, your truck is leaning to the front right? Pics?? I have to see this.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Yea, I never expect a shock to correct a lean unless it is an air style/design shock.

quietpeen

Reaction score
So looking at my truck sitting in the garage today I do have a lean to the drivers side. I didn’t take a pic and its dark now. But I will take one tomorrow

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So looking at my truck sitting in the garage today I do have a lean to the drivers side. I didn’t take a pic and its dark now. But I will take one tomorrow

So when its full of gas, is when it leans the most then?

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Exactly why I said what I said. Previous info had to do with a known problem that Dodge came out with a fix for but was just for a lean to one side. I just wanted to be sure that it was said that right lean is passenger side. I saw you say driver's side and knew what you meant. All good.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I looked at mine again and so far I don’t have the Squat. The rear is very simple to replace the spring. The front being a coil over is a little harder but still basic stuff. I did see where they replace a lot of hardware because they label it as one time use.

A132D07C-9F8E-400B-B4D0-DFE2971258C6.jpeg

036848B2-FB06-494B-93AA-1BB64793734D.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko