Caliper colors

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Have to rotate my tires soon and am debating on painting my calipers. The factory zinc plating is already rusting in a couple tiny places so I figure it’s as good a time as any.

What say you on a silver truck?
BAFCECE8-6087-4CF4-A330-97A8755884E2.jpeg

Leaning red, but maybe yellow or gold would also look good? Or leave it alone?

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate brightly colored calipers unless they are some aftermarket nice brakes like Baer or Brembo or Willwood. In that case, cool you got some bad ass parts, and the color makes them pop. But for stock brakes, I say leave em or paint em black.

Just my thoughts, it is still a TRX so it is badass no matter what color the brakes are lol.

OP
OP
OnTheReel

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I hate brightly colored calipers unless they are some aftermarket nice brakes like Baer or Brembo or Willwood. In that case, cool you got some bad ass parts, and the color makes them pop. But for stock brakes, I say leave em or paint em black.

Just my thoughts, it is still a TRX so it is badass no matter what color the brakes are lol.
I get where you’re coming from. I’d love nothing more than some actual Brembos, and wish this thing came with them. But I’m more on the low buck mods now. I’ve spent enough according to my wife. 😬

quietpeen

Reaction score
I get where you’re coming from. I’d love nothing more than some actual Brembos, and wish this thing came with them. But I’m more on the low buck mods now. I’ve spent enough according to my wife. 😬
So i read that they didn’t use brembos because they wouldn’t hold up to the abuse off off-road wherever it be sand or muddy water.

OP
OP
OnTheReel

OnTheReel

Reaction score
So i read that they didn’t use brembos because they wouldn’t hold up to the abuse off off-road wherever it be sand or muddy water.
That makes sense. Just seems like the truck was deserving of something a little more special.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hear you there, all the fun stuff costs too much these days. I'm due for a set of tires soon on my RAM and my last set cost a couple grand. Of course it's coming up just about the time I pay my yearly insurance for everything too. Going to be an expensive July just like every year lol.

i don't think brembos can't handle the abuse, lots of trophy trucks and Baja cars run them. Heck, there are plenty of off-road racers running TBM, Willwood, Brembos you name it... end of the day they are all pretty much the same, it just comes down to design and workmanship that makes some more expensive than others. Running a set of wildwoods with 6 individual brake pads ain't cheap that's for sure!

quietpeen

Reaction score
I hear you there, all the fun stuff costs too much these days. I'm due for a set of tires soon on my RAM and my last set cost a couple grand. Of course it's coming up just about the time I pay my yearly insurance for everything too. Going to be an expensive July just like every year lol.

i don't think brembos can't handle the abuse, lots of trophy trucks and Baja cars run them. Heck, there are plenty of off-road racers running TBM, Willwood, Brembos you name it... end of the day they are all pretty much the same, it just comes down to design and workmanship that makes some more expensive than others. Running a set of wildwoods with 6 individual brake pads ain't cheap that's for sure!
You could very well be right. I just read that on a facebook group and thought…hmm that makes sense, but the way a brake works is the same wether generic factory or expensive brembo And it really doesn’t make sense. However that would obviously increase the base price of the TRX which has already gone though multiple price increases.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
For a silver Truck I would pick a colour that you would accent the truck with, whether that's red blue yellow... if not then go with a very metallic silver that would look cool and offset the black.

jake226

Reaction score
I prefer red for the granite colored trucks. I would think it would also look great on Silver. It’s what I plan on doing to mine whenever it finally ships from Toledo raceway.

G2 brake caliper epoxy worked great on the Raptor. Tow hooks and calipers turned out great.

quietpeen

Reaction score
What did you decide on? Would love to see pics of options before I decide to go with red 🤣

OP
OP
OnTheReel

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I decided on doing nothing. It was the easiest and cheapest. If I do a pad and rotor upgrade maybe I’ll revisit the idea since that would be the best time.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I decided on doing nothing. It was the easiest and cheapest. If I do a pad and rotor upgrade maybe I’ll revisit the idea since that would be the best time.
That is true that it is the easiest and cheapest 🤣. as always keep us posted if you do decide to do something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko