Cold air intakes

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was doing some reading on options out there for the TRX and came across this thing.

DFuq? What the hell is this?

Is anyone here running an aftermarket cold air intake on a TRX?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So they delete the stock RAM air inlet, wtf. So now it just sucks in hot engine bay air....

AFE has a similar idea of dual filters but executed it properly

Dual elements and pipes while being housed directly inside the RAM air path so they pull in fresh cool air.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is AWESOME!

I have no idea how that homedepot special intake I posted sells for $800. Apparently they do sell though somehow haha

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found another one!

What the heck is going on here? Why are guys putting hot air suckers on these monsters??

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
That is AWESOME!

I have no idea how that homedepot special intake I posted sells for $800. Apparently they do sell though somehow haha

Too bad we have so much self respect or I would start using some ABS pipe and autozone universal filters to build intakes for a crazy price. Wonder how dirty that MAF signal is too in the datalogs.

quietpeen

Reaction score
so my question is, after you remove the functional part of the hood scoop do you blank it off so that water doesn't dump down all over the top of your supercharger?

TerrysTRX

Reaction score
Guy on another forum has this intake from the original post. I saw him post and I was like, WTF? And $800?! You keep ‘em

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guy on another forum has this intake from the original post. I saw him post and I was like, WTF? And $800?! You keep ‘em
Right? What else can we sell the guys that purchased this? LOL

Might be wrong in my thinking but, doesn't a diesel engine with similar cubes and a turbo flow more air than a similarly sized gas engine? I have seen tons of diesel guys running one large filter and making upwards of 800+ hp and insane torque. This intake just doesn't make sense in so many ways.

quietpeen

Reaction score
from what I’m seeing, the AFE one is the most desired by a lot of people, but it’s pre-order and they keep pushing back the release date.

Quick_Shifter

Reaction score
I should have an Early S&B intake I’ve been on the preorder list and was told first come first serve. I will update how the install goes with pictures

quietpeen

Reaction score
I should have an Early S&B intake I’ve been on the preorder list and was told first come first serve. I will update how the install goes with pictures
hey man, welcome to the site.....Do you have a TRX now? And awesome on being on the preorder list for the S&B

Quick_Shifter

Reaction score
@quietpeen the intake I have on order is for a client. Hoping to have one of the firsts installed and documented with pictures. I have yet to not have great experiences with S&B so I would guess my write up will be how nice the install went.

quietpeen

Reaction score
@quietpeen the intake I have on order is for a client. Hoping to have one of the firsts installed and documented with pictures. I have yet to not have great experiences with S&B so I would guess my write up will be how nice the install went.
definitely look forward to it. How much is the intake?

Quick_Shifter

Reaction score
definitely look forward to it. How much is the intake?

If you feel like taking the ride to my shop I’ll get more on order. We can do the install together

quietpeen

Reaction score

If you feel like taking the ride to my shop I’ll get more on order. We can do the install together
I will think about that. It's not cheap by any means. Hell the AFE super stock that I have been considering isn't cheap for what it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj