Dealers around me are holing steady on price

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I would have figured with gas hitting $5.50+ they would be discounting them. But I guess inventory limits are king.

TRX1

Reaction score
I would have figured with gas hitting $5.50+ they would be discounting them. But I guess inventory limits are king.
We actually are the kings but sadly we are not unified.
If none of us agree to pay what they ask for ,they WILL drop the prices.
Dealers have a lot to lose than an individual.
Just a thought.

84 Sheepdog

Reaction score
Not sure where you are located but I purchased my TRX out of state and got one for $10k-$20k less than they are asking for them here in Texas with the ADM. The dealer I purchased from was Performance CJDR in Delaware, Ohio. Great experience, I highly recommend them. I drove my Raptor up there on trade and they paid exactly what they offered...no BS. I really don't think the gas prices will affect these much honestly. They will likely never build another truck like this and most of the folks buying them don't care about the price of gas.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Not sure where you are located but I purchased my TRX out of state and got one for $10k-$20k less than they are asking for them here in Texas with the ADM. The dealer I purchased from was Performance CJDR in Delaware, Ohio. Great experience, I highly recommend them. I drove my Raptor up there on trade and they paid exactly what they offered...no BS. I really don't think the gas prices will affect these much honestly. They will likely never build another truck like this and most of the folks buying them don't care about the price of gas.
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new TRX. Did you order it?

quietpeen

Reaction score
There are finally dealers selling new ones on lots at msrp. Still seems the only way to get less is to be willing to wait for an order and it’s a complete crap shoot on how long that could take. I have seen people have waited as long as 10 months and others have gotten them as quick as 2 to 3 months.

Fireman53d

Reaction score
There are plenty of up to 11k off MSRP. I got 4% below invoice at Cummins(Ky) and 5% below invoice where I ordered my JB from (Tenn).
You just gotta look.

Fireman53d

Reaction score
Bug difference between 10k and 20k. 20k would be about 9% below invoice. Highly unlikely. 5% got me 11,600 off of 101,600.

84 Sheepdog

Reaction score
Bug difference between 10k and 20k. 20k would be about 9% below invoice. Highly unlikely. 5% got me 11,600 off of 101,600.
I was referring to the difference between what I paid out of state versus buying in Texas where they are getting ADM's. I paid $79,620 for my '22 back before the price increases which was $5,500 under sticker. The same truck would sticker for $95,965 now on the most recent configurator for the '22s. I'm sure the '23s will go up again so I'm glad I bought it when I did.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I paid MSRP for my 21 order, which was the best anyone was really doing at the time. The base price has gone up just as much as the orders are being discounted for 2023s, so that’s a wash I guess. Plus the interest rates have climbed a lot with more to come. So these trucks seem expensive as ever.

Of course, eventually we will come down the other side of the hill and values will drop.

Fireman53d

Reaction score
New vehicles go up 3 to 5% every year. It just seems like alot more on a 100k vehicle compared to a 30,000 Kia.

84 Sheepdog

Reaction score
MSRP on the truck I bought went up 11% in the same model year. Par for the course these days though LOL

OnTheReel

Reaction score
3 or 5% is a dream. I only took delivery a year ago, and the base price on a 2022 window sticker today is 14.5% higher than the base price on my window sticker.

Next year will be interesting and really bad economically either way. Maybe inflation will continue to rage, and they’ll sticker for another 10+% more by this time next year. Or maybe we dive deeper into a recession and MSRP will hold closer to flat. But you’ll have to finance at 10%.

grouch

Reaction score
3 or 5% is a dream. I only took delivery a year ago, and the base price on a 2022 window sticker today is 14.5% higher than the base price on my window sticker.

Next year will be interesting and really bad economically either way. Maybe inflation will continue to rage, and they’ll sticker for another 10+% more by this time next year. Or maybe we dive deeper into a recession and MSRP will hold closer to flat. But you’ll have to finance at 10%.

With the imports we are addicted to and the strong dollar in regards to foreign currencies, we are holding on a recession. I was listening to a market report the other day and there are actually concerns that the Federal Reserve is raising rates a bit TOO much to curb inflation. The American Dollar in relation to things like the British Pound Sterling is the strongest its ever been.

Prices on new vehicles are mostly run up by all the stuff they ladle onto them. When the Toyota Tundra was built locally, I was talking to a guy who works there and he said the luxury trucks made triple the profit compared to a base truck that is just used for work.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Prices on new vehicles are mostly run up by all the stuff they ladle onto them. When the Toyota Tundra was built locally, I was talking to a guy who works there and he said the luxury trucks made triple the profit compared to a base truck that is just used for work.
Generally that’s very true and I think a lot of people are willing to pay more to get more. Even if it’s only perceived, or a bunch of useless fluff.

In the case of the TRX it’s all inflation, and/or Ram trying to pocket a little more on an in-demand product. They added nothing on the base trim (except new infotainment software) from 2021 to 2022.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Dealer close to me has a sandblast in transit. I think msrp is right around 101 like a lot of other builds. They have 20 market adjustment. I live in the country, this is not a big city………20k over msrp is not the market here lol

grouch

Reaction score
Dealer close to me has a sandblast in transit. I think msrp is right around 101 like a lot of other builds. They have 20 market adjustment. I live in the country, this is not a big city………20k over msrp is not the market here lol

Lot's of luck to that dealer when supply catches up with demand. Back in the late 1970's there was a shortage due to strikes by the autoworkers union. A couple of dealers around here really jacked prices up. A year later, both were under different names and management.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Maybe they’ll get it on a Sandblast. Some of the slime balls around here still try for that on normal TRXs. But then again, it’s still a little crazy in my area since I’m between Milwaukee and Chicago. I had a dealer trying to sell me a Chevy Equinox for 5 grand over. I about died. I’ll remember every one of them and never give ‘em a penny.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I doubt they will get 20 grand from anybody local, but they might get someone from a big city willing to come buy It.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19