Exhaust Options and Discussion

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While the OEM exhaust is excellent, I know I'm not the only gearhead that likes it even louder. Lots of great choices already in the aftermarket for full systems, but I ended up just cutting off the factory resonators and installing SLP resonators in their place. Just a bit louder than stock at idle, but when you stomp on it....Sweet Jesus the music is glorious! What are you guys doing? Show pics/vids. (y)

IMG_0436.jpg

Cold start:

Under an overpass:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While the OEM exhaust is excellent, I know I'm not the only gearhead that likes it even louder. Lots of great choices already in the aftermarket for full systems, but I ended up just cutting off the factory resonators and installing SLP resonators in their place. Just a bit louder than stock at idle, but when you stomp on it....Sweet Jesus the music is glorious! What are you guys doing? Show pics/vids. (y)

View attachment 217

Cold start:

Under an overpass:

Ha ha!! Did you take a before video on the cold start before you hacked off the stock resonators?

OP
OP
APEX REX

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds great @APEX REX

We see AFE, ARH, AWE, Corsa(soon), SW, and MBRP all have exhaust options for the TRX.

Thanks, and Yes they all offer sweet systems. I just watched a video from Borla who also now has a TRX cat-back. Now if the rest of the aftermarket would catch up!

OP
OP
APEX REX

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ha ha!! Did you take a before video on the cold start before you hacked off the stock resonators?

No, I was not that proactive, but there's a bit of a difference! ;)

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, I was not that proactive, but there's a bit of a difference! ;)

So the only upgrades so far are the wheels/tires and the SLP resonators?

OP
OP
APEX REX

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the only upgrades so far are the wheels/tires and the SLP resonators?

Yes, and a few cosmetic mods too. Getting ready for a new Bed mod this weekend and will post all the details and pics here. (y)

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, and a few cosmetic mods too. Getting ready for a new Bed mod this weekend and will post all the details and pics here. (y)

Spray in bedliner or something else?

OP
OP
APEX REX

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tire carrier?

I'm tempted but no. I had a bed tire carrier/rack in both my Raptors and promised not to give up the bed space this time around. It gets to be embarrassing when you have a pick-up truck but can't put anything in the bed cause it's filled with off-road equipment. :LOL:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm tempted but no. I had a bed tire carrier/rack in both my Raptors and promised not to give up the bed space this time around. It gets to be embarrassing when you have a pick-up truck but can't put anything in the bed cause it's filled with off-road equipment. :LOL:

My plan is to get one, but remove it when I'm not going to an off road run. Couldn't you have done that with yours?

OP
OP
APEX REX

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My plan is to get one, but remove it when I'm not going to an off road run. Couldn't you have done that with yours?

Yes, definitely an option! Many rack options have release pins so they can be removable quickly.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to want to do something with the exhaust. I think my 392 charger had a louder cold start.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to want to do something with the exhaust. I think my 392 charger had a louder cold start.

What exhaust system you thinking about getting?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT