Hellwig rear sway bar kit

b8ascrub

Reaction score
I haven’t seen a trx in person yet, but in that video I noticed a what appears to be shock mount above the rear diff.. what’s that about?

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a trx in person yet, but in that video I noticed a what appears to be shock mount above the rear diff.. what’s that about?

13:36 mark, basically helps with axle wrap and wheel hop with these heavy and powerful monsters.

Omac

Reaction score
I have seen TRX at the dealership here. When all this covid supply chain mess clears up and pricing is more reasonable I'm considering buy the TRX. Before they were available I thought about getting a wrecked hellcat and put the engine in my RAM.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen TRX at the dealership here. When all this covid supply chain mess clears up and pricing is more reasonable I'm considering buy the TRX. Before they were available I thought about getting a wrecked hellcat and put the engine in my RAM.

Totally agree. They are priced way over MSRP in alot of dealerships.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
I put a set of hellwig on my f-450 made a hell of an improvement they work good.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Totally agree. They are priced way over MSRP in alot of dealerships.
Everything is bat shit crazy in Canada now too last spring I basically had to buy a truck I could find. no one would even call me back which was even crazier when a car sales man has no trucks to sell. I was lucky to find a truck that was just what I wanted and paid sticker price.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I have the Hellwig sway bar on my Laramie and it's outstanding. I bet it really tightens up the sway on the TRX as well. Can't believe the TRX comes from the factory with no sway bar at all. o_O

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Like a really noticeable difference?

yes it makes a noticeable difference. We have many RAM customers running the Hellwig and love it. It is often recommended by other RAM owners on RAMForum due to how well they work.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the Hellwig sway bar on my Laramie and it's outstanding. I bet it really tightens up the sway on the TRX as well. Can't believe the TRX comes from the factory with no sway bar at all. o_O
Was thinking the same thing. You would think that would be a no brainer. Wonder if they possibly offer it as an upgrade or just aftermarket

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
We've been trying out our 2021 Laramie with the Hellwig 7709 sway bar installed. To be exact, we just made a trip to Memphis last weekend and it was a bad spot in a curve on the I-40 east lane between Brinkley and Biscoe, AR that convinced me to buy a Hellwig sway bar a couple of months ago. This time, I hit that spot doing about 85 mph, and we barely noticed it.

Here's our impressions:
  • There is a noticeable improvement. I had worried that there would no difference at all. That's not the case. The Hellwig sway bar does in fact work. We have considerably less sway in the rear end of the truck.
  • The Hellwig sway bar does not appear to affect the ride quality of the truck. Our Laramie is just as smooth as it was with the factory sway bar. And it actually feels better due to the improved handling.
  • Handling is noticeably better. My sweetie had been driving a Charger Scat Pack and my daily driver is a Charger Daytona. We are used to having vehicle that handle well, especially at high speed. The Hellwig does not turn our Ram 1500 into a high-end Charger. But it does allow the truck to handle MUCH better at high speed. There is no more dipping and swaying when taking curves fast. I'm actually very impressed at this. And I've never had a truck that handles this well.
I have the links installed in the middle holes on the sway bar. I may try the holes closest to the axle just to see how the truck feels with the sway bar in the tightest position. But then again, it feels so good now, I may just leave it where it is.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. Considering I got the Hellwig sway bar for right at $200 from AFFES, it was a true bargain. Even at $300, it is going to be worth it. This is likely a great add-on for almost any 5th Gen Ram 1500.

Last edited:

ednagel

Reaction score
It took forever to come in, but I finally put the Hellwig 7883 on my TRX. Yes, it makes a difference. Before I installed it, I used the custom mode with everything being automatic, but the suspension in Baja mode. The truck floated like and old Chrysler without shocks... but I'm old and I loved it. Nicest riding vehicle I've ever owned.

But after I installed the bar, the floatiness disappeared and I can actually take a corner without falling out of the driver's door. And towing my trailer is a lot safer as well.

Well, I'm off to the mall to traverse the speed bumps with reckless abandon... wish me luck.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We've been trying out our 2021 Laramie with the Hellwig 7709 sway bar installed. To be exact, we just made a trip to Memphis last weekend and it was a bad spot in a curve on the I-40 east lane between Brinkley and Biscoe, AR that convinced me to buy a Hellwig sway bar a couple of months ago. This time, I hit that spot doing about 85 mph, and we barely noticed it.

Here's our impressions:
  • There is a noticeable improvement. I had worried that there would no difference at all. That's not the case. The Hellwig sway bar does in fact work. We have considerably less sway in the rear end of the truck.
  • The Hellwig sway bar does not appear to affect the ride quality of the truck. Our Laramie is just as smooth as it was with the factory sway bar. And it actually feels better due to the improved handling.
  • Handling is noticeably better. My sweetie had been driving a Charger Scat Pack and my daily driver is a Charger Daytona. We are used to having vehicle that handle well, especially at high speed. The Hellwig does not turn our Ram 1500 into a high-end Charger. But it does allow the truck to handle MUCH better at high speed. There is no more dipping and swaying when taking curves fast. I'm actually very impressed at this. And I've never had a truck that handles this well.
I have the links installed in the middle holes on the sway bar. I may try the holes closest to the axle just to see how the truck feels with the sway bar in the tightest position. But then again, it feels so good now, I may just leave it where it is.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. Considering I got the Hellwig sway bar for right at $200 from AFFES, it was a true bargain. Even at $300, it is going to be worth it. This is likely a great add-on for almost any 5th Gen Ram 1500.
So awesome to read these types of stories. Such a small investment that goes a long ways!

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It took forever to come in, but I finally put the Hellwig 7883 on my TRX. Yes, it makes a difference. Before I installed it, I used the custom mode with everything being automatic, but the suspension in Baja mode. The truck floated like and old Chrysler without shocks... but I'm old and I loved it. Nicest riding vehicle I've ever owned.

But after I installed the bar, the floatiness disappeared and I can actually take a corner without falling out of the driver's door. And towing my trailer is a lot safer as well.

Well, I'm off to the mall to traverse the speed bumps with reckless abandon... wish me luck.
Having the confidence when towing always worries me. Even though I know it’s usually secure, it’s always in the back of my mind of what I’m towing. Adding a sway bar may eliminate that fear reading your experience. I have a GMC Denali 2500, which is amazing for hauling

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
So awesome to read these types of stories. Such a small investment that goes a long ways!

Yep. The Hellwig sway bar is really great deal. I've rarely been this happy with something like this. If Hellwig could just improve their quality control a little, this would just about be the perfect addon. :)

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

So I'm not sure, but are you upset you lost the "floatiness" of it?

mikeru

Reaction score
If Hellwig could just improve their quality control a little, this would just about be the perfect addon. :)
I agree with this statement. I wasn't able to use the middle holes because they were slightly too small for the end links. So I'm using the holes closest to the the bar and it's fantastic. So glad I added that.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with this statement. I wasn't able to use the middle holes because they were slightly too small for the end links. So I'm using the holes closest to the the bar and it's fantastic. So glad I added that.

Did you take pics of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko