Hood Decal 68503292AA

quietpeen

Reaction score
While a lot of people are more against decals(in my OPINION that looks plain an boring) I actually like the oem TRX hood decal. I had a Daytona charger and what I liked a lot about it was that it had the hood decal and the decal on the rear panel. My truck was ordered with the bed decals but not the hood. Probably a good thing because the hood decal is an almost $900 option. Buying and having it installed after the fact is much cheaper and not financed for the term of the loan. The decal is currently in transit and I have to get a place to have it installed but this happens to be a picture of it on a billet silver ram.

1643237801410.jpg

Last edited:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While a lot of people are more against decals(in my OPINION they like plain an boring) I actually like the oem TRX hood decal. I had a Daytona charger and what I like a lot about it was that it had the hood decal and the decal on the rear panel. My truck was ordered with the bed decals but not the hood. Probably a good thing because the hood decal is an over $800 option. Buying and having it installed after the fact is much cheaper and not financed for the term of the loan. The decal is currently in transit and I have to get a place to have it installed but this happens to be a picture of it on a billet silver ram.

View attachment 2095

It does look good. Especially with the black and gray colors. You getting that exact one?

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
This was delivered today and I have tomorrow off so I’m going to take a drive to a shop tomorrow with it and see what they will charge to install it. Also see how far out it will be. This shop is usually booked 6-8 weeks out for tint.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I went to the local shop today to ask if they would even install it for me and how much it would roughly cost. The guy said it would take roughly and hour and their labor rate is $75 and hour. I made an appointment for Feb. 2nd.

Last edited:

Plankton

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, just haven't gotten around to it. I have the skid plate blacked out but it's sitting in our shop at work. For the decal, I'll make my own and send it to our graphics guy we use. I'll probably put a Rams head on it and divide it down the center.

enqF5sf.png

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, just haven't gotten around to it. I have the skid plate blacked out but it's sitting in our shop at work. For the decal, I'll make my own and send it to our graphics guy we use. I'll probably put a Rams head on it and divide it down the center.

View attachment 2239
sounds like it will look good. when I had my 2016 sport this is the hood decal I wanted but never got it.

1643902284573.png

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Two questions: What was the cost for the decal and why do you not have another decal on the passenger side? One decal on the D/S is lopsided, IMO. The decal does look great though. Again, IMO, if only do one, then I would have placed the decal across the front above the opening.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Two questions: What was the cost for the decal and why do you not have another decal on the passenger side? One decal on the D/S is lopsided, IMO. The decal does look great though. Again, IMO, if only do one, then I would have placed the decal across the front above the opening.
the decal is not the TRX lettering. the decal is all the black and trx is cut out of it and this is the oem design. With tax and shipping I got the decal for $193 and then $40 to install.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
the decal is not the TRX lettering. the decal is all the black and trx is cut out of it and this is the oem design. With tax and shipping I got the decal for $193 and then $40 to install.
Ok, I did not understand that. Thanks for clearing that all up.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Just for reference for anybody that doesn’t know what the oem decal consists of this in my hood before the decal

F7C3A11A-6439-4FBF-839E-3FF1B1473A06.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko