How is it going EH !

TCAT

Reaction score
Hello everyone, First of all, thks Shaggy for the invite from your other forum. I didn't know this TRX forum existed or I would have joined sooner. I received ownership of my Black LV 2 TRX at the end of May 21. Now I can say, I owned a Gen 1 Raptor and TRX when I hit the retirement home some day 🤣. Cheers 🍻

InkedTRX tradein_LI.jpg

OP
OP
TCAT

TCAT

Reaction score
Well that is an excellent question🤔, I would say the TRX overall. The main reason of course is the power, interior and the V8 sound. Both the Raptor and TRX have their strength and weakness. I love both trucks. The only thing I don't like about the TRX is not having a 2H drive mode, because it takes a while to learn how to drift the back end around off roading. As time marches on, I hope a tuner can change the power ratio from the front to rear, to something like 5-95 split in one of the modes or disable front drive. I know the TAZER can do it, but will it damage the transfer case? Who know other than the engineers.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that is an excellent question🤔, I would say the TRX overall. The main reason of course is the power, interior and the V8 sound. Both the Raptor and TRX have their strength and weakness. I love both trucks. The only thing I don't like about the TRX is not having a 2H drive mode, because it takes a while to learn how to drift the back end around off roading. As time marches on, I hope a tuner can change the power ratio from the front to rear, to something like 5-95 split in one of the modes or disable front drive. I know the TAZER can do it, but will it damage the transfer case? Who know other than the engineers.
Not sure if it will damage anything but I have seen TONS of videos of guys doing doughnuts and dyno pulls using the TAZER in 2wd mode. I am surprised more tuners or more software/hardware solutions out there are not offering it though. Makes me think something is up with doing that.

The eco boost Raptor is pretty peppy from what I have seen. But that 1st gen Raptor has to be a gutless pig compared to the TRX right?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everyone, First of all, thks Shaggy for the invite from your other forum. I didn't know this TRX forum existed or I would have joined sooner. I received ownership of my Black LV 2 TRX at the end of May 21. Now I can say, I owned a Gen 1 Raptor and TRX when I hit the retirement home some day 🤣. Cheers 🍻

View attachment 2133

Thanks for coming over. Did you trade the GEN1 in for the TRX, or do you have both?

OP
OP
TCAT

TCAT

Reaction score
Thanks for coming over. Did you trade the GEN1 in for the TRX, or do you have both?
Yes, I traded my Gen 1. Funny story though, after the trade, a guy took the old Raptor for a test drive and never came back. The truck has never been found.

My friend across the road, is a master mechanic at the Dealership where I did the deal. The day it got stolen he game over and told me and mama bear about it, we both felt bad for trading it in....it was almost like losing a family member....🤣

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I traded my Gen 1. Funny story though, after the trade, a guy took the old Raptor for a test drive and never came back. The truck has never been found.

My friend across the road, is a master mechanic at the Dealership where I did the deal. The day it got stolen he game over and told me and mama bear about it, we both felt bad for trading it in....it was almost like losing a family member....🤣

Why on earth did the dealership alone him to take it alone?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Why on earth did the dealership alone him to take it alone?
The dealership let me test drive the trx alone. I think i had already given him the keys for the vehicles I was trading in though.

plus secured financing on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19