How much can we "TRX" our current trucks

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I know some of us on here wish we could own a TRX. If I was rich enough to own one I'd still have to have my HD to do work required, so the odds of ever owning one will depend on winning the lottery but we'll just keep dreaming eh! But what's wrong with having fun with what we own and adding goodies to it that compare to having a TRX. Not necessarily all that power but tires, suspension upgrades, spare tire mounts, lights n' looks and Interior modes are things we can add. So lets see what you all have been doing or about to or planning on doing to your Rams.

For me and my 14 Ram 2500 it has been work in progress. So far 35" tires, and built the 66RFE as much as possible and right now the Ram is getting 4:56 gears. Next on my list is a Thuren lift which will take away some payload but there is help for that too (airbags). Also in the future is dropping the box for a flatbed which opens the door for tire mounts and lights and many other add on off-road stuff.

In the aftermarket world there is hoods and fenders that help with the looks and bigger tires, has anyone added fenders that bulge more or hoods that help cool more, would love to here more on that.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
You know I really wanted a TRX but with all the COVID-19 bull shit I just couldn’t get one. I would still be waiting for one as they still have not gotten to the dealership yet. so I found my 75th power wagon and said I would keep it for a year or 2 and buy a TRX. But after owning this truck I actually want to keep it and do all the cool stuff I want to do to it. By the time I am done it will probably cost around the same price of a TRX. But be way more to my liking and be a much better truck for what I am going to do with it.

OP
OP
BlackGold6.4

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
You know I really wanted a TRX but with all the COVID-19 bull shit I just couldn’t get one. I would still be waiting for one as they still have not gotten to the dealership yet. so I found my 75th power wagon and said I would keep it for a year or 2 and buy a TRX. But after owning this truck I actually want to keep it and do all the cool stuff I want to do to it. By the time I am done it will probably cost around the same price of a TRX. But be way more to my liking and be a much better truck for what I am going to do with it.
Totally with you on that... my wish list on this truck doesn't even add up to a down payment on a TRX... and I have a buddy that has the 75th PW .. and it is WOW, the interior is so awesome. My favorite thing about the 75th is cruise control at low speeds.

Trailmaker

Reaction score
No kidding, I’m pushing 12k of upgrades on mine and I got mine 6k off sticker at 62k so at 74k all in I could be into a TRX… I want to have my cake and eat it too( both trucks in the stable. )

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
No kidding, I’m pushing 12k of upgrades on mine and I got mine 6k off sticker at 62k so at 74k all in I could be into a TRX… I want to have my cake and eat it too( both trucks in the stable. )
Lol I wish I could get that price my 75th power wagon gout the door was 93,000 and the 2 TRX comming in were lunch editions and the were 150 plus tax. Worst part is you guys used to have higher truck prices. Not anymore.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I almost got mine but could not justify the MPG in my head. I went back and forth many times.

As for the OP, the cost would be way higher than just getting one to start with just like most other vehicles. But it depends on what you want and need.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Lol I wish I could get that price my 75th power wagon gout the door was 93,000 and the 2 TRX comming in were lunch editions and the were 150 plus tax. Worst part is you guys used to have higher truck prices. Not anymore.
And smokes are 22$ a pac case of 30 beer 59$ and gas near 6$ a gallon you guys really think we have free health care lol we pay for it.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Let's look at a similarly-optioned Rebel, Power Wagon and TRX and decide where the cost/enjoyment ratio works best:

Rebel01.jpg

PowerWagon01.jpg

TRX01.jpg

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
whats The mpg of each one ?

• Rebel 5.7 Hemi - 17 city/23 highway/20 combined with 89-octane (87-octane acceptable)
  • Power Wagon 6.4 Hemi - 12 city/18 highway/15 combined with 89-octane (87-octane acceptable)
  • TRX Supercharged 6.2 Hemi - 10 city/14 highway/12 combined with 91-octane (93-octane preferred)

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
What size tank does the TRX and PW have? My 1500 has a 33 gallon and at $3 - $4 a gallon it gets pricey fast. I filled up near empty and the pump clicked off at $100. I was right on F on the gauge and the DIC stated 634 miles to empty. I will do the calculation on my next fill up but looking right now that number is very close to true.

OP
OP
BlackGold6.4

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I would have to do some math to convert but my 2014 Ram HD 6.4 Hemi gets 23L/100 Kms around town and 16L/100 Kms on high way.. I know that 16L/100K is same as 16 MPG and towing is not far off from that with 16.5 my best and 18 my worst... 4Low off road was at 33L/100Kms but now is 25L/100kms due to the upgrades on my trans ... I was totally blown away from that #

biocide

Reaction score
What size tank does the TRX and PW have? My 1500 has a 33 gallon and at $3 - $4 a gallon it gets pricey fast. I filled up near empty and the pump clicked off at $100. I was right on F on the gauge and the DIC stated 634 miles to empty. I will do the calculation on my next fill up but looking right now that number is very close to true.
PW have 31 gallon tanks, TRX i believe is 33 gallons

HandyCruiser

Reaction score

We take our 2021 Laramie to Costco every two weeks and fill up the 33 gallon tank there with 87-octane fuel. We save about $15 a fill up after deducting the cost of the fuel it takes to drive there and back.

OP
OP
BlackGold6.4

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Wow .. I can't believe how difficult it is getting parts, but it doesn't help that they send you wrong parts and then say can't get new ones for months away.. They just F'ed up my life.
I need a ring and pinion 4.56:1 for my 11.5 rear end in my 2014 Ram 2500, can anyone help cause I'm looking everywhere and no luck. Tried to get onto got exhaust but my server says "this site can't be reached"

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow .. I can't believe how difficult it is getting parts, but it doesn't help that they send you wrong parts and then say can't get new ones for months away.. They just F'ed up my life.
I need a ring and pinion 4.56:1 for my 11.5 rear end in my 2014 Ram 2500, can anyone help cause I'm looking everywhere and no luck. Tried to get onto got exhaust but my server says "this site can't be reached"
Nick's new site is freedommotorsports.com

I would suggest just sending him a PM though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT