Interesting drive today.

grouch

Reaction score
I saw the most police cars and trucks today in a chase that I have ever seen. Don't ask how many because all I can say is "A bunch"! That escaped prisoner from Alabama and his cohort former jailer got busted here. I've seen military operations with less response. At least they were considerate enough to get caught near the jail. City, County and Federal officers involved.

She shot herself and he was wounded slightly. He'll probably be okay. Her, maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
She didn't miss when she shot herself. She died in surgery.
i might have an unpopular opinion here, but instead of wasting tax payer money to try to save her in surgery just so they can later waste more tax payer money to take her to court they could have just let her die. I'm sure the injury and severity of it eluded to the fact that she wasn't going to make it.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
i might have an unpopular opinion here, but instead of wasting tax payer money to try to save her in surgery just so they can later waste more tax payer money to take her to court they could have just let her die. I'm sure the injury and severity of it eluded to the fact that she wasn't going to make it.

If we were in Italy or France, where their laws are based on Napoleonic Law, that might happen. We have English Common Law. Change one, you have to change them all. A lot of people would be very unhappy if that happened. Here, you are innocent until proven guilty. They should let an innocent person die when they could save them?

No matter, she's dead.

quietpeen

Reaction score
If we were in Italy or France, where their laws are based on Napoleonic Law, that might happen. We have English Common Law. Change one, you have to change them all. A lot of people would be very unhappy if that happened. Here, you are innocent until proven guilty. They should let an innocent person die when they could save them?

No matter, she's dead.
You are correct and I definitely don't want to change all the rules. Unfortunately the rule of the public opinion and cancel culture has turned it into guilty until proven innocent(and it has to get back to innocent till proven guilty) and I fell into that with her. I had already deemed her a criminal and thought - eh she tried to kill herself to prevent from getting caught.....let her die and save tax payer money.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
One of our greatest freedoms is the freedom of speech. The first amendment made our nation the greatest nation in the world. It's been the greatest for well over 100 years.Regardless of what the opinion du jour is, we are the greatest nation and all the talk to the contrary is just talk.

I see a lot of talk about the second amendment, but the first is the one that made us great. Freedom of Speech, Religion, the Right to Assemble, Freedom of the Press and the Right to petition to the Government for a redress of grievances. (You can sue the government if they mess with you.)

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Saw on the news last night that the motel room that the escapees stayed in has a waiting list of people wanting to stay there. The rate has been increased to $75 a night and there are 60-80 people waiting to rent it. I drive by the place fairly often. It's just an old cheap motel.

Justin33

Reaction score
Saw on the news last night that the motel room that the escapees stayed in has a waiting list of people wanting to stay there. The rate has been increased to $75 a night and there are 60-80 people waiting to rent it. I drive by the place fairly often. It's just an old cheap motel.
Wtf

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
I guess it's for the notoriety.

The old guy who called the police with the information to catch the couple didn't get the $5000 reward for information leading to their capture. It went to an anonymous person in Alabama. The news just said it was given for "significant information".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko