Let the wait begin

HighSpeedDirt

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just placed my order with the dealer today on a TRX black with Level 2 (thats it, not even running boards) at MSRP. I was told to expect delivery in August. I see on the forum a VIN is issued early (unlike Ferd) and u sit in purgatory then until D1 status. Is this true. I was also told carbon fiber package is holding some back. Y'all take care this evening and I'm glad to be in the forum.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the order. Your assertion is true…you get a VIN (D status) almost right away, and then no further developments until you’re a few weeks from being built. It’s pretty much complete chaos, no real rhyme or reason to what gets built when.

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. We will post our timeline for our shop truck below. Basically you get a VIN and go status very quickly (typically within a week). You will likely sit at that status for a while before going D1. Once D1 they will give you an estimated ship date. This should probably be called an estimated build date. You will get your build sheet usually around the time of your estimated ship date. THey say a build sheet is issued when the truck starts the build but in our case and many others the build sheet was available to us when the truck came off of the assembly line. The next step is the issuance of the window sticker. At this step your truck is typically done and ready to ship. Our truck has been sitting at the shipping yard for 10 days now (waiting to ship).

VIN 229
Billet Silver
Level 2
2022 Ram TRX Ordered 11/16/2021
D1 02/04/2022
Build Sheet 03/08/2022
Window Sticker 03/10/2022
Estimated Ship Date was 03/04/2022 and pushed back to 03/15/2022 as of 02/28.
ESD now listed as TBD 03/10/2022
Current Status KZP 03/10/2022 (waiting to ship)

quietpeen

Reaction score
I’ve seen that the factory is having a hard time getting truck drivers for shipping so trucks are sitting in the lot waiting to be transported to rail yards

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just placed my order with the dealer today on a TRX black with Level 2 (thats it, not even running boards) at MSRP. I was told to expect delivery in August. I see on the forum a VIN is issued early (unlike Ferd) and u sit in purgatory then until D1 status. Is this true. I was also told carbon fiber package is holding some back. Y'all take care this evening and I'm glad to be in the forum.

Welcome to the forum!

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Hope all works out for you and you get your TRX on or before the estimated time they gave you!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. If you want to start getting some mods ready for its arrival let us know. We offer just about everything so let us know if we can help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko