Market pricing is insane

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Was at the dealer for some warranty work. Perusing the very limited inventory, I found two TRXs on hand. Each at $97k without TTL.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was at the dealer for some warranty work. Perusing the very limited inventory, I found two TRXs on hand. Each at $97k without TTL.
Frustrated World Cup GIF
Unreal! So glad I am not in the market for a new ride because of how much vehicles are. And not just new ones... used cars are outrageous too!

OP
OP
DiabeticSith

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Unreal! So glad I am not in the market for a new ride because of how much vehicles are. And not just new ones... used cars are outrageous too!
Yes. I almost traded the Ram in last weekend. A 2016 F-150 Lariat was $42k. Granted, it was low miles but, still. So, the payment was high because of the negative equity on the Ram so I said why not a new truck instead. 2021 F-150 Lariat at $72k. The financed price was going to be $80k. 0% at 72mos. Fkn outrageous. Payment was more than my mortgage. :cautious:

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. I almost traded the Ram in last weekend. A 2016 F-150 Lariat was $42k. Granted, it was low miles but, still. So, the payment was high because of the negative equity on the Ram so I said why not a new truck instead. 2021 F-150 Lariat at $72k. The financed price was going to be $80k. 0% at 72mos. Fkn outrageous. Payment was more than my mortgage. :cautious:
That's just insane man! $80k for a truck! What's even more mind blowing is vehicles are selling like crazy even with them being overpriced. It's just like the housing market

OP
OP
DiabeticSith

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
That's just insane man! $80k for a truck! What's even more mind blowing is vehicles are selling like crazy even with them being overpriced. It's just like the housing market
Yup. They had 2017 and 2018 Raptors for less than the new Lariat. Tempting, but I'm gonna pass. Truth is, I didn't like the F-150 interior, even if it was a Lariat. Also not a fan of the seat height and cabin configuration. I felt low, even though the truck was a FX4 and I had the seat raised.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup. They had 2017 and 2018 Raptors for less than the new Lariat. Tempting, but I'm gonna pass. Truth is, I didn't like the F-150 interior, even if it was a Lariat. Also not a fan of the seat height and cabin configuration. I felt low, even though the truck was a FX4 and I had the seat raised.
I’m with you on the interior of F-150s. Always seemed so plain to me. I do have to admit, they have gotten better with but still not as good as others. With that said, I did put in for the F-150 lightening when it comes out. Put my big $100 deposit down for the reservation lol

OP
OP
DiabeticSith

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
I’m with you on the interior of F-150s. Always seemed so plain to me. I do have to admit, they have gotten better with but still not as good as others. With that said, I did put in for the F-150 lightening when it comes out. Put my big $100 deposit down for the reservation lol
Me too. My wife was actually impressed with it. We'll see what happens. For now, I'll be keeping the 1500 unless a killer deal on a 2500 comes along. Then I'll just forget about the Lightning.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me too. My wife was actually impressed with it. We'll see what happens. For now, I'll be keeping the 1500 unless a killer deal on a 2500 comes along. Then I'll just forget about the Lightning.
We all know that EV's will be the only autos on the road in the not so near future, so there will be so many options from every manufacture of an EV. So I wonder what type of full size truck Ram and GMC/Chevy will come out with? This would be my only hesitation on getting the Lightening

Trailmaker

Reaction score
I’m still looking for the leather in my “leather seats” it all feels like vinyl. Have to get the blue Ricardo seats to get something real I believe. I have the carbon fiber package but only has three pieces and
image.jpg
still stuck with the painted steering wheel wrapped in vinyl!
It’s been a few years since I had my 2013 Raptor, but the seat seem nicer.
52855097-D2EA-483C-BC7A-D6E603D50875.jpeg

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Frustrated World Cup GIF
It’s funny, I had my heart set on a GEN 3 raptor, probably with the blue Recardo seats just to have some nicer interior, even though it’s all blue but since I’ve been on this forum for a few weeks I’m really looking at the TRX… not paying 97k. I will wait for something in the 70s

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
97k 😫. Still can’t get over the pricing of the luxury trucks. What’s scary, the pricing isn’t going to be going down with the trend of our economy (aka inflation 🤪)

OP
OP
DiabeticSith

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
It’s funny, I had my heart set on a GEN 3 raptor, probably with the blue Recardo seats just to have some nicer interior, even though it’s all blue but since I’ve been on this forum for a few weeks I’m really looking at the TRX… not paying 97k. I will wait for something in the 70s
Cheapest one in Houston is $77k

Jwil

Reaction score
Yeah I just bought a 2008 Ram 1500 yesterday. 124k miles. Quad cab, hemi, 2wd, super clean inside and out for the year, $16k OTD.

Best deal I could find around me for something under $25k. I wasn't willing to buy anything with more than 150k miles, and I feel like I got lucky. Drives great and sounds good too. Going to do a tune up and get a tuner and a few simple mods and she should be golden.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
There's a guy that lives in a mobile home near where I work. He just bought a new TRX. It looks odd having a vehicle that costs more than your home. But he's a young guy that's part of a large family business. They are Southern Roma (yes, that is a thing) and about 100 of them are in a construction business together. :unsure:

Jwil

Reaction score
There's a guy that lives in a mobile home near where I work. He just bought a new TRX. It looks odd having a vehicle that costs more than your home. But he's a young guy that's part of a large family business. They are Southern Roma (yes, that is a thing) and about 100 of them are in a construction business together. :unsure:
Priorities lol. I could get behind that though as long as the trailer is like the one in the classic film "Loaded Weapon 1"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj