No TRX for 2023?

2022-TRX-Ignition-Orange-02.jpg

Rumor going around is that ordering is being or going to be halted on the TRX. Alleging that the hellcat engine is going to be discontinued earlier than previously stated. I’m not sold on this being true, but if it is my truck will get and stay more valuable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
What doesn’t make sense though is even if they decided to discontinue the hellcat in 2023 why would they stop production of a 2020 trx in Feb. of 2022.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What doesn’t make sense though is even if they decided to discontinue the hellcat in 2023 why would they stop production of a 2020 trx in Feb. of 2022.

Just stick a turbo v6 in it. :p

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
well nothing new about ordering being shut down, so maybe it was just a troll post to get everybody work up for the weekend.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I bet in a few years, seeing that they are talking about discontinuing the Hell Cat, you will get your v6 twin turbo setup in the TRXs. Which we all know would be dumb to do!
Obviously none of us know right now. If the plan is to get rid of the V8(hemi all together) wouldn't that mean the regular 1500's would get the new twin turbo v6? If that is the case it wouldn't make the TRX that much more of an upgrade.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bet in a few years, seeing that they are talking about discontinuing the Hell Cat, you will get your v6 twin turbo setup in the TRXs. Which we all know would be dumb to do!
Sadly, you are probably right with that one. To be fair, the raptor ain't no slouch either. But, I just like the blown HEMI better

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously none of us know right now. If the plan is to get rid of the V8(hemi all together) wouldn't that mean the regular 1500's would get the new twin turbo v6? If that is the case it wouldn't make the TRX that much more of an upgrade.

True. The main reason alot of Raptor owners moved over to the TRX was of the hellcat v8. Now if the Raptor had a v8 already, the TRX sales wouldn't be as high as they are now. Yeah, they would have still sold quite a bit, but not where they are now.

Sadly, you are probably right with that one. To be fair, the raptor ain't no slouch either. But, I just like the blown HEMI better

Yeah, the v6 ecoboost twin turbo isn't a slouch at all, but most of us motor heads love the sound and acceleration of a v8! Even if its a gas guzzler.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Ultimately the goal is full Electric which will make a very fast truck, but until then I think if they want to continue to make a TRX after the v8’s are gone they have to have some power plant that is not the same for the rest of the rams and still out performs the Raptor.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ultimately the goal is full Electric which will make a very fast truck, but until then I think if they want to continue to make a TRX after the v8’s are gone they have to have some power plant that is not the same for the rest of the rams and still out performs the Raptor.

I still don't get why there is even whispers of getting rid of the hellcat. That really doesn't make sense to me.

TRX4

Reaction score
Just stick a turbo v6 in it. :p
That’s the reason I sold my 2018 Raptor! It was ok but no V8 and a narrow power band with no low speed torque. It did get 14.5 mpg which was probably is a little better than TRX but not worth the trade off.

jake226

Reaction score
If they shorten production then I’ll be even more happy with my decision to put in an order. As a guy that has never owned a vehicle with an engine with a higher displacement than a 5.3, when I read the hellcat might be discontinued in 2023, I figured this was my last chance to get a production vehicle with a big v8.

I clearly don’t have one yet, but by all accounts, Ram went above and beyond with this thing. So I do hope they produce at least through the full 2023 model year.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The scarcity of these trucks will be really cool. Value I couldn’t care less about. It would already take 6 figures to get me out of mine, and I’d order another exactly like it same day. Once they are no longer made, forget it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19