Painting Tow Hooks

quietpeen

Reaction score
So back shortly after I got my truck(in winter) I removed my tow hooks first with the thought of getting them powder coated but that route didn’t go as planned so I then decided to paint them hoping that I got a lucky weekend where it was warm enough. As you can guess that didn’t happen. The stars have alligned and Its looking like I will finally have a weekend with weather warm enough and the humidity low enough to get this done. I doubt I will get them back on the truck this weekend because i would rather give the paint and clear some time to fully cure before risking scratching them. I’m going with the same paint code as my emblems so the front and rear tow hooks will be red to match.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Making good progress.

This was after the 2nd of 3 coats of primer

1DEE9F1A-C09B-4813-86E0-DFF822A11563.jpeg

This was after the 1st of 3 coats of color

D2877B5D-4158-454C-A005-26F49B28D4B9.jpeg

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I just applied the 2nd coat of color and i have to wait 25 minutes before adding the 3rd. Then wait at least 60 minutes before spraying the clear Which is also 3 coats waiting 25 minutes between coats.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Got all 3 coats of clear on them today. I’m going to let them sit a couple days for the clear to harden a little bit. Then I will get some pics of how the finished product looks. I got the 1k clear which fully cures in 30 days So definitely better safe to not rush it.

VONMEYERX

Reaction score
So back shortly after I got my truck(in winter) I removed my tow hooks first with the thought of getting them powder coated but that route didn’t go as planned so I then decided to paint them hoping that I got a lucky weekend where it was warm enough. As you can guess that didn’t happen. The stars have alligned and Its looking like I will finally have a weekend with weather warm enough and the humidity low enough to get this done. I doubt I will get them back on the truck this weekend because i would rather give the paint and clear some time to fully cure before risking scratching them. I’m going with the same paint code as my emblems so the front and rear tow hooks will be red to match.
quick question - what is the red paint code of the emblems ?

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Looking sweet. Only problem I see now is you will be stuck and not want to hook on and scratch up your tow hooks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19