Prerunner Inspired Bed Set Ups

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Is anyone on here running a prerunner inspired bed set up? If not, is anyone interested in it and what would you like to see offered? When our truck gets here, I plan on building it out prerunner style. The truck will get used for some baja runs, and other similar point to point type offroad runs in the US. We will do a dual spare set up, jack, fuel cans, and either a cooler or accessory box mount. I am thinking about making it so everything is easily removable so you can still use the truck as a truck but make it lockable as well so so dirtbags can't remove it easily. Basically I'd build a platform that is flat that stays in the truck and all of the accessories would quick connect to it with a lockable option. If you have a prerunner inspired bed set up or would like to see one made for the TRX, let us know and post anything you've seen before you like or don't like.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
454motorsports has a removable prerunner style cage
Theirs looks nice. Obviously I will do something different. I’m thinking a flat platform that stays in the truck with a hinged lid. The platform will be low but provide a place to store recovery boards and other equipment that is somewhat flat. The hinged lid will have slots or holes throughout to mount accessories like jack holders, gas cans, tool boxes, etc. All of the accessories that mount to it will be able to be locked on but also quick release/ removeable easily. I'm hoping our truck is here in about 3 weeks so I can get started on that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT