Pricing increase WOW

IMG_14003.jpg

I know pricing increases across the board but man, the TRX is extreme

2021 starts $70,425
2022 starts $75,780

OnTheReel

Reaction score
It’s actually even worse, the build and price is behind. 2022 base price is up to $76,780 on the newest window stickers. Destination also went up $100, was $1695 for 2021. A couple other packages also have gone up. Level 2 recently went up $300.

2021 base price started at $69,995 and was $70,325 when my window sticker came out. Crazy to think my build would be another 7 grand higher today. Almost eats up all the discounts that have been offered on 2022s.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Stealerships! I would not buy new but will be interested in a truck that is 3-4 years old, if I am still alive.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The TRX is just one of those vehicles that’s worth it all the way. Only truck I’ve ever paid MSRP for and was happy to do it. It’s the last of it’s kind. A rolling middle finger to EVs (and you know who).

quietpeen

Reaction score
yea I have been seeing how it keeps going up and some people who ordered before the increase were having to pay more. Ram then came out and said that if the vehicle was made for you and your name is on the window sticker than original pricing would be honored.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s actually even worse, the build and price is behind. 2022 base price is up to $76,780 on the newest window stickers. Destination also went up $100, was $1695 for 2021. A couple other packages also have gone up. Level 2 recently went up $300.

2021 base price started at $69,995 and was $70,325 when my window sticker came out. Crazy to think my build would be another 7 grand higher today. Almost eats up all the discounts that have been offered on 2022s.

And just within a year! That is a crazy price hike. I just feel the only reason for the price job is that they know people will pay it. 😕

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Demand for these is definitely a factor, but I think they really have no choice but to raise prices in this environment. The producer price index was up 9.7% last year, so they aren’t pocketing the difference.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure inflation and parts shortages are not helping.
Unfortunately I think you are right. And don't see prices stopping at these either. So customers are priced right out of new vehicles, hence the reason the used car industry is out of control! 😫

TCAT

Reaction score
With with RAM increase prices + Here in Canada our Federal Government brought out a Luxury Tax for vehicle over 100K effective 1 Jan 22.
here are what we pay for taxes in Ontario effective 1 Jan

Luxury Tax amount (lesser of (a) and (b))
Total price for Luxury Tax purposes
(a) Luxury Tax @ 10% of total value
(b) Luxury Tax @ 20% of value above $100,000

plus 13% HST/PST

I.E. 120,000 for MSRP (no trade in) + Lux Tax (4000) = 124,000 + (13% of 124k = 16,120)
Grand total = $140,120

So we are paying 20K+ in taxes for a 120K truck....

Crazy

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With with RAM increase prices + Here in Canada our Federal Government brought out a Luxury Tax for vehicle over 100K effective 1 Jan 22.
here are what we pay for taxes in Ontario effective 1 Jan

Luxury Tax amount (lesser of (a) and (b))
Total price for Luxury Tax purposes
(a) Luxury Tax @ 10% of total value
(b) Luxury Tax @ 20% of value above $100,000

plus 13% HST/PST

I.E. 120,000 for MSRP (no trade in) + Lux Tax (4000) = 124,000 + (13% of 124k = 16,120)
Grand total = $140,120

So we are paying 20K+ in taxes for a 120K truck....

Crazy
Something has to change! Maybe it all starts with the truckers fighting back. I understand you guys are socialized, but man, the taxes keep getting higher and higher for you guys (and unfortunately for us in the USA too!)

MO VietVet

Reaction score
That is why I know my 05 Tahoe Z71 is worth a hell of a lot. I listed it on CL, not gonna sell it, just to list what I have done, show some pics and see what would happen. There is a link here for the CL post but the dark red letters makes it almost invisible. By the way, those ugly window rain caps and the hood deflector are all gone. I hate those things. I did just go edit my CL post to reflect the new transmission temp gauge with the custom dash and yes, it works. I also swapped a couple of pics out that showed the wrong original tires and had the old auto temp control a/c-heater controller.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/eugene-pristine-2005-tahoe-z71-or-best/7441366632.html

Last edited:

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many offers have you gotten?

MO VietVet

Reaction score
How many offers have you gotten?
None at $35k to $40 k but did have one offer $30k if is in the shape I say it is. He wants his mechanic to check it out. Not gonna happen, after all, I am not gonna sell it unless I can get minimum of $39k. If anyone reads what has been done to it, in the CL post, they will see value. With my move to MO. I would just ride with my cousin in her 4 door Tacoma truck and get something when I get to MO. The only problem with that is that they use salt on the roads. That is one reason that I will not sell unless I get what I want.

I did get a few accusing me of being on crack or smoking something or just plain, an idiot. At 69, I don't react to names, I only react to legitimate threats.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Plus, absolutely no rust. Plus, the 2 best years for the 2000-2006 Tahoe's was the 05 and 06 models.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
This is what I have done to it:

Selling this pristine 2005 Tahoe Z71 that has been completely gone through and can prove all work with receipts for parts and labor. Low mileage at 137k+. Except for the performance Hellwig sway bar kits front and rear, all parts used were Genuine GM parts or AC Delco. List of what has been done: Completely flushed trans and new filter and fluid and install of Corvette servo, lash checked at both differentials and all fresh fluid, transfer case flushed and fresh fluid, new parts-power steering pump and lines, radiator and all cooling system hoses, brake fluid flush with new master cylinder and new hydro-boost master cylinder, new throttle body with new sensors, new knock sensors and electrical harness, all new exhaust and intake and valve cover gaskets, all new ignition coils, new fuel injectors, new plugs and plug wires, new fuel pump which has the fuel filter in it, entire new evap system with new gas cap, new alternator, new starter, new water pump and thermostat, new belts and new tensioners and idlers, new entire brake system-front and rear, new calipers, new park brake shoes and hardware, new rotors front and rear, new rear axle seals and bearings, new upper and lower front control arms with new ball joints and new bushings, new axle shafts and new hubs, new center link, tie rods, idler arm and pitman arm, all 4 rear control arms, all 4 KYB shocks, new Cooper tires, custom wheels, new Tire Pressure sensors, new fuel and transmission lines, new steering gear, custom digital dash with the added on transmission temp gauge, new factory radio with CD, new auto a/c-heater control head, new blower motor with new resistor assembly, new starter, new battery cables and the GM Big 3 set up has been done, new coolant reservoir with new cap, new vacuum lines and pcv, new heated and adjustable mirrors, new oxygen sensors, new third brake light and new wheel center caps, new motor mounts, new Interstate AGM battery, new oil sender, new steering wheel position sensor, new track bar, new rear applique corner panels that came from an Escalade and painted to match, new oil cooler lines, new oil pan gasket, new rear main seal and new oil pickup tube and screen, new torque convertor seal, new ignition switch, new adjustable fuel pedal assembly with new throttle pressure position sensor, new turn signal switch, new air filter, new MAF and new MAP sensors, cam and crank sensors, new upper steering shaft, new rear coil springs, rear driveshaft u-joints, all new front headlight assemblies, new front running light assemblies and new rear taillight assemblies, new rear wiper arm and blade assembly.....I am sure I may be missing something but will share later if think of it. I also have pics of all mechanical work that was done.

Has new Husky floor mats and a new Husky rear hatch area mat for hauling.

TCAT

Reaction score
Something has to change! Maybe it all starts with the truckers fighting back. I understand you guys are socialized, but man, the taxes keep getting higher and higher for you guys (and unfortunately for us in the USA too!)
Yep, there is to many TAXes here Your tax on your Taxes ..:cautious: >> I wouldn't even mention the carbon tax on fuel what a Joke....The only way it's going change is have a election.

TCAT

Reaction score
This is what I have done to it:

Selling this pristine 2005 Tahoe Z71 that has been completely gone through and can prove all work with receipts for parts and labor. Low mileage at 137k+. Except for the performance Hellwig sway bar kits front and rear, all parts used were Genuine GM parts or AC Delco. List of what has been done: Completely flushed trans and new filter and fluid and install of Corvette servo, lash checked at both differentials and all fresh fluid, transfer case flushed and fresh fluid, new parts-power steering pump and lines, radiator and all cooling system hoses, brake fluid flush with new master cylinder and new hydro-boost master cylinder, new throttle body with new sensors, new knock sensors and electrical harness, all new exhaust and intake and valve cover gaskets, all new ignition coils, new fuel injectors, new plugs and plug wires, new fuel pump which has the fuel filter in it, entire new evap system with new gas cap, new alternator, new starter, new water pump and thermostat, new belts and new tensioners and idlers, new entire brake system-front and rear, new calipers, new park brake shoes and hardware, new rotors front and rear, new rear axle seals and bearings, new upper and lower front control arms with new ball joints and new bushings, new axle shafts and new hubs, new center link, tie rods, idler arm and pitman arm, all 4 rear control arms, all 4 KYB shocks, new Cooper tires, custom wheels, new Tire Pressure sensors, new fuel and transmission lines, new steering gear, custom digital dash with the added on transmission temp gauge, new factory radio with CD, new auto a/c-heater control head, new blower motor with new resistor assembly, new starter, new battery cables and the GM Big 3 set up has been done, new coolant reservoir with new cap, new vacuum lines and pcv, new heated and adjustable mirrors, new oxygen sensors, new third brake light and new wheel center caps, new motor mounts, new Interstate AGM battery, new oil sender, new steering wheel position sensor, new track bar, new rear applique corner panels that came from an Escalade and painted to match, new oil cooler lines, new oil pan gasket, new rear main seal and new oil pickup tube and screen, new torque convertor seal, new ignition switch, new adjustable fuel pedal assembly with new throttle pressure position sensor, new turn signal switch, new air filter, new MAF and new MAP sensors, cam and crank sensors, new upper steering shaft, new rear coil springs, rear driveshaft u-joints, all new front headlight assemblies, new front running light assemblies and new rear taillight assemblies, new rear wiper arm and blade assembly.....I am sure I may be missing something but will share later if think of it. I also have pics of all mechanical work that was done.

Has new Husky floor mats and a new Husky rear hatch area mat for hauling.
Wow, it sound like a full restoration. Maybe you should of just bought a TRX..;)

MO VietVet

Reaction score
This is a year long project. I am keeping the rig. Love it and a pleasure to drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19