Ram 1500 TRX Single Cab "Street Fighter" Looks So Cool You'd Want To Buy One

TRX 1500 Single cab.jpg

With massive ground clearance, a supercharged V8 good for 702 horsepower, and a ton of cool features, the Ram 1500 TRX is, without doubt, the greatest high-performance pickup truck out there. You'd be tempted to think that there's no room for improvement, but this rendering proves that there is!

TRX 1500 Single Cab 2.jpg

Of course, you can always upgrade the supercharged, 6.2-liter V8 to deliver way more than 702 horses. After all, Dodge squeezed no less than 840 horsepower out of the same mill for the Challenger SRT Demon. But this rendering isn't about ludicrous amounts of oomph.

And before you say that you've already seen a Ram TRX single cab rendering, this one proposes a different approach to the beefed-up desert runner. Forget about the off-road-ready suspension and the fat tires; this TRX was "conceived" with a different purpose in mind. It's a street fighter aimed at super SUVs and even supercars.

Sitting only a few inches above the ground, this Ram TRX rides on large wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero tires. Not only that, but it also sports aerodynamic side skirts and an aggressive front bumper with a three-piece vent layout and a big splitter. It's a face you don't want to see in the rear-view mirror.

This truck would be suited to challenge the Lamborghini Urus and the upcoming Ferrari Purosangue on any race track, but it would also be a unique approach to the current truck market. That's because no automaker offers such a beast in 2022. It's a modern version of the Dodge Ram SRT-10 if you will.

If you don't recall this cool truck, it was produced from 2004 to 2006 as a sport truck with Viper-soured, 8.3-liter V10 engine. At 510 horsepower, it was the meanest hauler available at the time. And it was also the quickest. By far!

Ford also produced a couple of cool SVT Lightning versions of the F-150 in the 1990 and 2000s using a similar recipe, but it's not something you'll find in dealerships anytime soon. With everyone already on the electrification path, beefed-up gasoline trucks are a dying breed, and that's exactly why this Ram TRX will never be more than a rendering.

But picture a world in which Ram would actually build this hauler while Chevrolet will turn this Silverado ZL1 rendering into reality. That would be something, right?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly, I like it. That truck would more similar to the srt10s then an offroad truck like the TRX. I'd drive that around.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s the not the worst looking by all means and I would drive it too

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have honestly never understood the want for performance trucks(street wise) because it will never be as fast as a car with the same mods. It’s alway less aerodynamic and generally heavier. It can look good if not over done in the lowering process but again why spend more for a truck to try to make it as fast as a lighter car on the drag stip.

Jboul30

Reaction score
I have honestly never understood the want for performance trucks(street wise) because it will never be as fast as a car with the same mods. It’s alway less aerodynamic and generally heavier. It can look good if not over done in the lowering process but again why spend more for a truck to try to make it as fast as a lighter car on the drag stip.
Because, all truck owners that enjoy having 700~800hp under the hood don’t have the intention for their truck to be on the drag strip turning 9 second 1/4 mi runs or grudging it out, there’s some that understand and full willing to give up some E.T. on the slip versus weight when owning a 5000 lb. truck;some people within our population will not drive or own a vehicle unless it is a truck, with thinking like, why would anyone own a vehicle that is not capable of hauling/transporting something anytime they want to, I’ve heard many times the statement, I won’t own a vehicle that does not have a bed on it, I have experienced some dedicated to one manufacture of truck being very compassionate about the make of truck they drive. So when you are simply a truck person but you also enjoy nice, fast and lots of HP in what you drive then you be willing to give up weight and aerodynamics, the trade off is well worth it when your expectations are in line and just want to have fun while out on a normal daily cruise and get lucky enough to have that barely legal aged pull up beside you at a red light in their mustang, Camaro, etc. and pop the throttle a couple of times wanting to leave you in their dust, to see the look on their face when they finally get to the next light and pull up beside you is the best sight in the world and makes having a 800 HP 5k lb. truck worth owning. So there is a place for a truck like this and it’s not always on the drag strip. If that is expectation, that would start with getting yourself the rule book for the class you would like to run, then build and/or have built to the best of your ability the drag car/truck and always look forward to improve striving towards lower 60’s, 660’s, et’s, etc. although If so happens that truck falls within the class you decide to run then I feel sure it will be competitive and great for a starting point.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
, Because, all truck owners that enjoys having 700~800hp under the hood does not have the intention for their truck to be on the drag strip busting 9 second 1/4 mi runs or grudging it out, there are some people within our population that understand they are giving up et versus weight on the slip when owning a 5000 lb. truck; the trade off is well worth it when your expectations are in line and just want to have fun while out on a normal daily cruise and get lucky enough to have that barely legal aged pull up beside you at a red light in their mustang, Camaro, etc. then pop that throttle a couple of times wanting to leave you in their dust, to see the look on their face when they finally get to the next light is the best sight and makes it worth it. So there is a place for a truck like this and it’s not on the drag strip. If that is expectation, it starts with the rule book for the class you want to runs then build and/or have built to the best of your ability and always look forward to move up and improve with lower 60’s, 660’s, et’s, etc. If so happens that truck falls within the class you want to run I feel sure it will be competitive and great for a starting point.
First off, welcome to the site. Thanks for the reply and I get what you are saying.

wac45

Reaction score
I am partial to the off road look even though my truck is never used off-road. However I think that rendering looks really good even though I would stick with my TRX. Now my son would get rid of his Raptor in a heartbeat for that.

Jboul30

Reaction score
I am partial to the off road look even though my truck is never used off-road. However I think that rendering looks really good even though I would stick with my TRX. Now my son would get rid of his Raptor in a heartbeat for that.
Thnx it’s been a while since doing much full sentence writing with popularity of text lol, hope it made since, I need to do more writing to get back my ability expressing thought through my literature

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko