Ravelco

quietpeen

Reaction score
Today I decided to get a quote to have Ravelco installed. Yes right off the bat it is expensive 🤣. In the response with the quote the guy that does the whole mid-atlantic region said he could do it Wednesday Nov. 2nd. I was shocked at how soon an opening was available. He did say that my area would probably not be available again until sometime in 2023. I decided to go ahead and have it installed for peace of mind, because while I live in the country I'm not too far at all from bigger cities and I stay in Baltimore from time to time.

Last edited:

MCKDC

Reaction score
Probably a good idea to give you some peace of mind. I plan on doing the same as I want to use the TRX as my daily driver and we have had issues with vehicle break-ins in the office parking lot. I'm still looking at the option of the IGLA but no one installs here in San Antonio.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
yea i don't know if there are any IGLA dealers around here, but I liked the simplicity of the Ravelco better. Loss of remote start wasn't a deal breaker for me.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't use remote start after this is installed? That is insane! I can't even tell you the last time I started my truck with the key, I remote start it everytime I walk towards it.

You have insurance, what is the point of this thing? Wouldn't a hidden kill switch be just as effective and less invasive?

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
You can't use remote start after this is installed? That is insane! I can't even tell you the last time I started my truck with the key, I remote start it everytime I walk towards it.

You have insurance, what is the point of this thing? Wouldn't a hidden kill switch be just as effective and less invasive?
when you unplug the Ravelco you can't use remote start. If you leave it in when you are in areas that you feel safe you can use remote start.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Had the install done today. The install is really clean and the plug is up under the dash and not even visible.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Here’s how big the Ravelco plug is. Not too horrible.

51D5898D-C0E7-42F4-B548-4FDB17CBAE14.jpeg

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
just wanted to add and update. It turns out Ravelco is not as secure as advertised. I’m sure not all thieves know how to bypass it, but it is shockingly bypassed quite easily and its only a matter of time before the info of how to bypass is common knowledge. I have switched to IGLA, and I will say it is nice to have remote start again even though I don’t use it all that often. Sucks to have spent the money on Ravelco to then rip it out, but it’s better than having my truck stolen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj