They are coming for them.....

grouch

Reaction score
Yep, THEY are coming for your loud mufflers. Kalifornia is starting a 5 year program to crack down on loud pipes.

https://www.powernationtv.com/post/...n=New+Law+Will+Fine+Drivers+for+Loud+Vehicles

Years ago, we had a noise ordinance locally, but there was an actual officer writing the tickets. I've got neighbors who play the radio so loud it vibrates the walls of my house. The same with motorcycles. 95 decibels isn't all that loud. I can see, if I was silly enough to go to Kalifornia, driving by the camera when a bike with no mufflers at all trips the camera and I get the ticket. A car behind me has a loud enough stereo to trip it.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
After I posted this, I was mowing the yard. My neighbor who is proud of his stereo must have gotten a ticket for it as he drove by and was much more subdued. He's got an old police Crown Vic with 24 inch wheels so it's hard to miss him.

I got to thinking about focused sonic projections. The military is working on them for crowd control. I've also seen research where they can disrupt air flow into flames and put a fire out. I wonder if a projector could be placed in a rich area like Beverly Hills in Kalifornia and a manual switch to send a pulse of sound to the camera when the Mayor, State Senator, police cars and such go by.

I have never been to Kalifornia and have no plans to, but it's a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko