TRX

Doug Boddy

Reaction score
So are they worth spending the money on?
I am thinking about trading my classic off for one. What are they like on fuel economy? and yes I know it is a high performance vehicle which makes it harder on fuel

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fuel economy isn't the greats(its a hellcat engine) and most of the time you would be flooring it at ever light. 🤣

Omac

Reaction score
If you're looking for a Hellcat engine in RAM then yes it's well worth the money.

MO VietVet

Reaction score
It is an entertainment rig with lots of possibilities. Go for it unless you are a light foot and then you will save fuel but never feel the grunt from the engine.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I heard that hellcat owners can get 30 MPG if they drive it nice... which mean one would have to reset the trip after doing the fun stuff to even see what kind of MPG is possible. So would imagine the TRX getting 20 MPG on flat super nice highway.. someone post there #'s

quietpeen

Reaction score
I heard that hellcat owners can get 30 MPG if they drive it nice... which mean one would have to reset the trip after doing the fun stuff to even see what kind of MPG is possible. So would imagine the TRX getting 20 MPG on flat super nice highway.. someone post there #'s
the TRX is rated at 14 highway and we all know that nobody ever gets that because those numbers are achieved in a perfect environment. Probably looking at 11 average on highway (just guessing at this point though)

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the TRX is rated at 14 highway and we all know that nobody ever gets that because those numbers are achieved in a perfect environment. Probably looking at 11 average on highway (just guessing at this point though)

So how's yours doing so far?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My rebel was only getting 13.5 so yea not extremely bad for 307 more hp

So you have to be thrilled with the TRX over the Rebel. I know you are still in the "breakin mode" but do you have a bigger simile when in the TRX then in the Rebel. :p

quietpeen

Reaction score
So you have to be thrilled with the TRX over the Rebel. I know you are still in the "breakin mode" but do you have a bigger simile when in the TRX then in the Rebel. :p
Oh Absolutely. The rebel was a nice truck but. This looks better, sounds better, drives better, etc.

quietpeen

Reaction score
The Rebel is more like the Ford Reptor made more for the off road Right???
TRX is more like the power house ???
I don't think the Rebel was intended as a Raptor equal. It gave the 1500 line up a little more off-road capable truck but nothing spectacular. The TRX is power house and high speed off-road capable

Plankton

Reaction score
The Rebel was made to be a bit of a Raptor competitor, the TRX is made to be an absolute Raptor killer.

Thats how I see it.

They'll keep one-upping each other until something bursts... like this:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think the Rebel was intended as a Raptor equal. It gave the 1500 line up a little more off-road capable truck but nothing spectacular. The TRX is power house and high speed off-road capable

When they first came out, people where claiming it to be the Raptor Killer, but it never took off as one. The TRX on the other hand is in that Raptor Killer realm as there are alot of Raptor owners switching over to the TRX due to the fact that it has the hellcat engine. If Raptor R comes out(they say its supposed to get a v8), they could get alot of those Raptor owners that switched back. Just as @APEX REX :)

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When they first came out, people where claiming it to be the Raptor Killer, but it never took off as one. The TRX on the other hand is in that Raptor Killer realm as there are alot of Raptor owners switching over to the TRX due to the fact that it has the hellcat engine. If Raptor R comes out(they say its supposed to get a v8), they could get alot of those Raptor owners that switched back. Just as @APEX REX :)

Agreed. There hasn't been any real competition for the Raptor for over a decade and until the TRX came out. Not sure if the Raptor R is going to switch very many back, it's going to be super limited in production have a stupid ADM. There is rumor of a Redeye TRX, when the Raptor R is finally released and Dodge just announced a performance program with select dealerships for Hellcat-based vehicles where you can add power packages up to 100 HP more and still maintain your factory warranty. Personally, I am always open for something better, but it's gonna take a lot as I love my TRX.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Rebel was made to be a bit of a Raptor competitor, the TRX is made to be an absolute Raptor killer.

Thats how I see it.

They'll keep one-upping each other until something bursts... like this:

Totally agree. I think when the Rebel came out, people were claiming Raptor Killer. After some time, it became just below a competitor, not quite equal. Hasn't Ram pretty much gave up on the Rebel trim?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19