What did you spend (or waste) your money on today.

grouch

Reaction score
I've seen similar threads on other forums. Some of the stuff bought was pretty neat. I'll start things off.

I found an older F-150 to add to the fleet. This, once I fx it up, will let me keep the miles down on my CX-5 and hopefully get better mileage than my Ram 1500 4X4.

I suspect a blown head gasket but the frame is solid with no major rust and the body is reasonably straight with just a little rust. The wiring is a rats nest and a fire just waiting to happen. Since I'm retired, I'm in no rush. I still have a 1/2 gallon each of primer and olive drab paint from painting my Dodge so it may get the same color.

20211226_161045.jpg
20211226_161121.jpg
20211226_161228.jpg
20210913_105021.jpg

Unlike most of what I drag home, it DOES run. Just really rough and there's a lot of...um...unique electrical features added over the years.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Like the colour of your Ram... I wasted my money on a snowblower but not a cheep one. This one has hydrostatic drive and has cast iron drive parts and at 24" wide is 400 lbs.. and thought I had a better picture, so one of my son using it and getting ready to load it up.

Attachments

• 20211116_194035.jpg
    20211116_194035.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 20211022_201106.jpg
    20211022_201106.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Got my truck registered today. Normally, I just take the papers to the BMV, but since it came from another state, it had to have a VIN check. Took me an hour to get it driveable to go there. One tire is nearly flat again.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I’ve been holding off on buying anything because I have a Leak in my house. Some where rain is getting in. I found mold and mildew in the basement. To find and properly fix where the rain is getting in might require removing siding on the side of the house. Soooo that is what I will be wasting my money on.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
I’ve been holding off on buying anything because I have a Leak in my house. Some where rain is getting in. I found mold and mildew in the basement. To find and properly fix where the rain is getting in might require removing siding on the side of the house. Soooo that is what I will be wasting my money on.
That bits.. hope it doesn't lead to a whole bunch of other issues, good luck with the repairs.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
On my '90 Furd, I was having trouble getting the plug wires routed correctly. I checked the VIN and it came from the factory with engine code N. That's not the engine in there now. I'm not sure of the year or what it came out of, but I have a 5.0 HO engine in my truck. I've got the front torn down waiting on a new timing chain and gasket set (well, for the weather to get above freezing too) and the old chain has a LOT of slop. I'm thinking it was running with one tooth off.

Justin33

Reaction score
Bought some new Hikari’s for fogs as my drivers side somehow was dangling with the bulb gone from the housing. No clue if some asshole tried taking it out or if an under car wash could actually do that.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Bought some new Hikari’s for fogs as my drivers side somehow was dangling with the bulb gone from the housing. No clue if some asshole tried taking it out or if an under car wash could actually do that.
unless the mounting bracket was cheap plastic I can’t see a car wash doing that.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Today it was cell phones. AT&T had a deal and I was able to trade in my son's and my Galaxy S10 for two Galaxy S21 phones for free. I also traded in my daughter's and wife's Galaxy Note 9 phones for two new Galaxy S21 Utlras for $11.99 each per month for three years. So for around $24 a month, everyone has new phones. And of course, AT&T gigged me for about $200 in transfer fees as well.

But the phones are very nice. I installed Dome Glass screen protectors on both Ultras. I got my wife an Otterbox Defender case from Tiger Direct for $35 and my daughter got her own case. For me and my son, I got us a couple of those hard tire-rubber cases with aluminum frames and built-in glass screen protectors, like we both had before. With those, you can throw your phone off a cliff and it will likely survive.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
A phone upgrade is always nice. Amazing how much the growing technology makes a phone seem outdated so quickly.

My last phone was 15 or so years old. It finally died so when I retired and turned in my company phone, I broke down and got a new one. Maybe I'll learn all its features by the time it quits.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
My last phone was 15 or so years old. It finally died so when I retired and turned in my company phone, I broke down and got a new one. Maybe I'll learn all its features by the time it quits.
Yep. In 2007, I bought a Motorola Razr. It had a color screen, played music and flipped open like the communicators on Star Trek. I thought I was living in the future. :cool:

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Yep. In 2007, I bought a Motorola Razr. It had a color screen, played music and flipped open like the communicators on Star Trek. I thought I was living in the future. :cool:

My last company phone was an Apple but the one before that was a Motorola flip phone. I had three of those as my work was rough on them. I could talk to people, text information to my boss when he was in meetings and take pictures. That was all I needed and it worked great.

The Samsung I have now is okay, but it does a lot of things I don't know (or care) how to access and it keeps opening stuff up for me to update.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I ordered a Logitech M575 trackball to try out. I spend a lot of time on my PC at work, and I seem to be developing a lot of wrist pain. So I decided to try out a trackball to see if it helps. After doing my research, I also ordered a better Perixx brand ball for it. It seems to add more precision. Total cost for both with sales tax and free shipping was $65.61.
I may also try a 34 mm ball bearing. Some engineers that do a lot of drafting say that will make the trackball super precise if you can get used to rolling that heavy ball bearing with your thumb. I figure I'll try the Perixx ball for a while first. 🤔

TrackBall01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko