Color matched

quietpeen

Reaction score
Not hating this.

95238B2A-1300-4F1F-BB24-402CD141B594.jpeg

C9FC4029-7419-4E9C-9C56-44DF206554A7.jpeg

Mike

Reaction score
Wow. That really adds class to an already classy truck. I like it.
I wonder if painting the grille and front skirt would be too much. O r maybe paint them a gloss black??
Either way, I think you have added value to your truck. Well done.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I wonder if painting the grille and front skirt would be too much. O r maybe paint them a gloss black??
Thanks, but not my truck. I was just posting it because It does look good. I have seen ones that have had at least the grill color matched also. It didn't look bad either.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, but not my truck. I was just posting it because It does look good. I have seen ones that have had at least the grill color matched also. It didn't look bad either.

Does look good. Cant remember, but does your fenders color match the bottom color of your trx?

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Does look good. Cant remember, but does your fenders color match the bottom color of your trx?
yes for the most part. The fender flares are a light textured matte black and the bottom of the truck is gloss black.
B374317F-F235-4209-B400-D22D50D025B0.jpeg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes for the most part. The fender flares are a light textured matte black and the bottom of the truck is gloss black. View attachment 3030

Have you ever thought about matching them? Think it would look good as they already have the same look, but glossy fender flares...🤑

OnTheReel

Reaction score
They just take too much of a beating. The textured plastic is way more practical and durable for my purposes. Plus the black is good contrast and visually slims the truck down a little.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
They just take too much of a beating. The textured plastic is way more practical and durable for my purposes. Plus the black is good contrast and visually slims the truck down a little.
Personally I’m all about the 2 tone. When i got my rebel it had to be two tone, and then the fact that the trx only comes 2 tone except for black was perfect for me.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The monochrome Rebels look really weird to me. But maybe I’m just so used to the two tone TRX.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
this is pretty close to what you were asking about(at least for the front end). Again not my truck.

1652895022588.png

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is pretty close to what you were asking about(at least for the front end). Again not my truck.

View attachment 3034

You could just leave the plastic alone underneath the fender and paint the side of it. Either way, with your color combo, I think the fenders match well with the bottom black color already.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
honestly I have been contemplating doing something that I have seen Which matches overall better and adds protection. I’m contemplating having the black paint on the doors and little bit of the bed done with stealth or matte finish ppf. It will then look more like the fender flares and give some protection to the rockers from rock chips.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
honestly I have been contemplating doing something that I have seen Which matches overall better and adds protection. I’m contemplating having the black paint on the doors and little bit of the bed done with stealth or matte finish ppf. It will then look more like the fender flares and give some protection to the rockers from rock chips.
The stealth would look good. Too late for mine, it’s already seeing some chips and whatnot. But I bought the truck to use it so oh well.

Not a big PPF guy when I see people spending more than a repaint on a full job. But spot treatment like rockers and bedsides makes sense.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I think i will go to a local place that has a matte finish ppf. It’s not xpl but that might make it more affordable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko