Dash Cam

RdHogg

Reaction score
If you have not considered getting a dash cam before , you need to do it now. Believe me after you have 'jacked' with an insurance to determine "at fault" , you will thank your self for getting a Dash Cam. Show me your cam.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
If you have not considered getting a dash cam before , you need to do it now. Believe me after you have 'jacked' with an insurance to determine "at fault" , you will thank your self for getting a Dash Cam. Show me your cam.
Is there any ones you would recommend?

doubeleive

Reaction score
I have a Garmin dashcam 20 in one vehicle (hard wired) to record whenever the key is on, there cheap and easy to setup, I also have a kenwood dashcam in another vehicle (also hard wired) but that one is set to record anything that occurs while parked as well.
I got rear ended and the guy lied and said I "cut him off" -quoting maury povich "that was a lie" and the video proved otherwise.
another time a guy ran a red light and we impacted in the middle of the intersection, initially the blame was 50/50 per insurance company, being I was partially to blame because I entered the intersection when it was supposedly "not clear" but the video showed he ran the light well after it was red and he was in my blind spot from the front left pillar, with the video in the end I got all my money back.
so ya they can save your butt.... installing one is pretty easy
some tips: install it on the right side of the rear view mirror so it does not block any sensors and it is out of sight from the driver.
hard wire it so it is recording whenever you are driving and you never have to press any buttons or plug anything in, thus you never "forgot to turn it on"

OP
OP
RdHogg

RdHogg

Reaction score
Is there any ones you would recommend?
I have two KDLinks R100. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L17EMP4/
They are about $89.00. I like them because I did not want one stuck on the dash or on the windshield. This one attaches over your rearview mirror and displays front and read view images, the rear view camera also is a back up camera. I have recorded three accidents ( none that I was involved in ) I stopped and gave a copy to the police and the car that got hit. I will try to attach one of the accidents, this one the driver ran the light and got hit by a brand new pickup. Sorry the file is too big, I will try to post it in another way.

doubeleive

Reaction score
I have two KDLinks R100. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L17EMP4/
They are about $89.00. I like them because I did not want one stuck on the dash or on the windshield. This one attaches over your rearview mirror and displays front and read view images, the rear view camera also is a back up camera. I have recorded three accidents ( none that I was involved in ) I stopped and gave a copy to the police and the car that got hit. I will try to attach one of the accidents, this one the driver ran the light and got hit by a brand new pickup. Sorry the file is too big, I will try to post it in another way.
usually you have to upload to youtube and then link it here

OP
OP
RdHogg

RdHogg

Reaction score
The Dash Cam can also capture and save interesting pictures on a Road Trip. You can take snapshots from one of your video clips and save clips/pictures on the Micro SD s. This was one of those times coming home from a road trip and the wife says "That would be a great picture of the Sun Set" , I told her I got it, ha. Check about 35 sec into the clip. I also saved a snapshot of the Cross with the sunset behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko