Suspension issues

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have not, however my truck has been a pavement princess. Is this happening with just street use or after going offroad?

OP
OP
P

Patrick

Reaction score
I have not, however my truck has been a pavement princess. Is this happening with just street use or after going offroad?
I have a 2021 launch edition and the codes came on while driving on pavement. I do not off road this truck. The shocks are locked in medium setting and have been since the first week of March. Pretty rough ride.

OP
OP
P

Patrick

Reaction score
Basic for another 7000km and then the extended kicks in. No work being done as Chrysler had told the dealership not to do anything until technical gets back to them(5momths ago)
Some more info: this issue showed up in a technical service bulletin in June 2021 advising the fix was lift the vehicle and re-calibrate the shocks which didn't fix the problem. Numerous calls to Fiat/Chrysler result in being told "technical" is working on it. Had the dealership look into this only to find the Chrysler had closed the file due to "inactivity" which was due to Chrysler refusing to allow the dealership to work on the problem. A call to the better business bureau got the file reopened but nothing is coming from "technical" so I guess my only option will be contacting the Consumer Protection agency and we'll see where that goes. Shocks are not adaptive as they are locked in medium setting. Frustrating to say the least!

OP
OP
P

Patrick

Reaction score
Update: Getting Consumer protection invoked got Fiat/Chryslers attention Big Time! Turned out that “engineering” was NEVER advised by “technical “ of the issue with my truck but once they got involved things progressed rapidly. Suffice to say the control module for the shocks was swapped out and it appears that was the fix required. Only took 7.5 months to get this repaired!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron