Bed Step

quietpeen

Reaction score
My truck wasn’t optioned to have one and i had one on my rebel so I know it is useful. I found one on marketplace for a decent price and this weekend got around to the installation. Unfortunately the bed step from a regular 5th gen 1500 does not fit the TRX. I had a suspicion this was the case when I saw bed steps with a part # for the TRX only. I had bought the step already so it was worth a shot.

The proper part # for the TRX is 82216278AC

Last edited:

NINJA

Reaction score
  • Nice Job!
  • I also had the Bed Step in my MY20 Ram Rebel, but it was not included in the MY23 Ram TRX
  • So, I just ordered/took delivery of the 'Bed Step' part for my MY23 Ram TRX from MoparParts
  • FYI: Your PN above matches what I've researched, and the PN I ordered for my Bed Step. Not sure of the differenes - But Who Cares - Simply ensure you order the Bed Step for the "Ram TRX"
  • QUESTION: Did you need to disconnect the Wiring Coupler [IAW the Instructions] in order to install it, or could you just slide the Bed Step frame support underneath the wiring. [Just Curious!]
  • It's A Great Feature! Also, just purchased the Tail Gate 'Remote' Dampnener for my TRX, but need to acquire the corresponding Key FOBs. That's Next!

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Yes you need to unplug the harness. From what i remember on mine it was a real pain too.

please start a new thread with details on the tail gate remote when you get around to it.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My truck wasn’t optioned to have one and i had one on my rebel so I know it is useful. I found one on marketplace for a decent price and this weekend got around to the installation. Unfortunately the bed step from a regular 5th gen 1500 does not fit the TRX. I had a suspicion this was the case when I saw bed steps with a part # for the TRX only. I had bought the step already so it was worth a shot.

The proper part # for the TRX is 82216278AC

Curious on what it looks like. Have any pics?

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Right now I don’t have any because mine won’t extend out due to exhuast changes that I made that i can’t do the adjustments by myself. In 4 or 5 days that should get fixed. In the mean time here is a pic form the internet of the step extended out.

IMG_2445.jpeg

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
So I finally got this adjusted that I can use my bed step. I have a little more tweaking to do to keep the drivers side tip centered but for now it’s workable.

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5566.jpeg

IMG_5569.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErnieT