Jump Detection BAJA Version

MO VietVet

Reaction score

At 5:40 of this video they talk about Jump Detection on the BAJA Version and that the transmission goes thru some changes and the shocks will stiffen for the landing.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
Wish I had a suspension something like this under my current 05 Tahoe Z71.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

At 5:40 of this video they talk about Jump Detection on the BAJA Version and that the transmission goes thru some changes and the shocks will stiffen for the landing.

Ha ha, don't want to burn up the tranny and engine when in the air! :)

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
The thing is, the TRX seems to automatically sense itself being airborne and there is no button you push for it, unless I misunderstood. Something maybe about the BAJA Version shocks sensing being airborne, maybe?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing is, the TRX seems to automatically sense itself being airborne and there is no button you push for it, unless I misunderstood. Something maybe about the BAJA Version shocks sensing being airborne, maybe?

I bet it does it on the fly if you are in the Baja mode.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I don't think it is a BAJA mode. I think it is a totally different TRX truck that is the BAJA Version. I bet the stock TRX cannot do it. Hell, I don't know

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
They are talking about Baja mode not a Baja version trx
So all the TRX trucks come with the same shock setups? Same full float axle, Dana 60? Ok, I did not understand that.

I went back and looked at the video. It says this, "Jump Detection on the BAJA Version", but they also kept talking about a drive mode called "Baja Mode". That was a 6.2 Hellcat engine that was super charged. To me it sounds like the TRX truck, maybe I am wrong, can be ordered with different engine options but do all of them come with the availability of the driver mode called BAJA? Do they all come with the trans and engine adaption for jump detection?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So all the TRX trucks come with the same shock setups? Same full float axle, Dana 60? Ok, I did not understand that.

I went back and looked at the video. It says this, "Jump Detection on the BAJA Version", but they also kept talking about a drive mode called "Baja Mode". That was a 6.2 Hellcat engine that was super charged. To me it sounds like the TRX truck, maybe I am wrong, can be ordered with different engine options but do all of them come with the availability of the driver mode called BAJA? Do they all come with the trans and engine adaption for jump detection?

It's the bajan mode. All TRX trucks have the same suspension(although I'm not sure of there are differences between the 2021s and the 2022s) and all have the same mode settings. So I believe in baja mode, the. The truck is in the air, it changes the gearing on the fly. I net @APEX REX would know more about it.

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's the bajan mode. All TRX trucks have the same suspension(although I'm not sure of there are differences between the 2021s and the 2022s) and all have the same mode settings. So I believe in baja mode, the. The truck is in the air, it changes the gearing on the fly. I net @APEX REX would know more about it.

Shaggy is correct. All TRXs have the same suspension, Dana 60 rear diff and 6.2 Supercharged V8. Baja Mode is one of the various drive modes, like Sport, Snow, Tow, etc similar to the Raptor. Jump detection can tell if the truck is airborne and then the computers/shocks make microsecond changes in shock rebound and trans gearing to anticipate the landing. There are only minor changes from 21 to 22; better uconnect feature, aluminum brake/gas pedal covers, illuminated tailgate release, and a new color, Orange.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I live at and manage a self storage facility and across the road there is an apartment complex and I "think" there is a red TRX over there. I cannot see it this morning but I have seen it several times parked in the same place so I think they live there. I will get pics and post when I see it again.

Futant

Reaction score
Funny conversation here. Surprised I could follow it. I’ll try to give my versi9n of “jump mode”.
I don’t think the truck has to be in Baja mode for jump detection but maybe. “Jump Detection” is a Safety mechanism that detects when the truck has left the ground for a moment. It will cut the power so that you don’t land under full power which can snap driveline parts like axles etc. These trucks (shocks) send thousands of bits of info to a computer every sec maybe more (maybe less). With 702 hp you can break shit. This is there to protect the truck from the driver. All TRX’s have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko