Raptor Owner Thinking of Moving to a TRX

Farva5803

Reaction score
Howdy y'all,

I currently own a 21 Raptor, but was intrigued at the Koons dealer in VA offering 10k off MSRP. I like the Raptor a lot (it was my dream truck for 10 years), but even in sport mode it's just not as quick as I was hoping it would be.

Any of you TRX guys former Raptor owners who can shed some light on switching platforms? Pros, cons, likes, dislikes, etc?

Thanks!

quietpeen

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am not a former Raptor owner, but I have seen that there are a lot of people that have made the switch.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, at least half of the people in TRXs traded Raptors, and none of them seem to regret the decision. Raptor is a beautiful truck in it’s own right but the V6 is just not even in the same universe as the TRX. I also think the Ford interior is too much plastic and not as nice.

OP
OP
F

Farva5803

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, at least half of the people in TRXs traded Raptors, and none of them seem to regret the decision. Raptor is a beautiful truck in it’s own right but the V6 is just not even in the same universe as the TRX. I also think the Ford interior is too much plastic and not as nice.
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when I saw that the $1,000 carbon fiber package I paid for was essentially plastic with carbon fiber printed on it haha. The TRX interior looks way more like luxury.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The TRX carbon fiber is pretty good. It’s real, and it’s tastefully done. The plastic you get if you don’t buy the package is kinda cheap looking.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Probably close to the same, underwhelming honestly. Neither the Alpine nor HK are very good IMO.

I did whole system replacement with Focals in mine, but am back to stock now with only a JL Stealthbox. I wanted to get active noise canceling back because the drone was annoying. So stock is gonna have to be good enough.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The PAC interface makes it very simple to get a clean signal for the sub without cutting any wires or losing any factory features. Right now the only issue is they don’t have a harness for 2022+ trucks. But they will soon, I’m told. I have a 2021 so it was no problem.

kaz109

Reaction score
How will the truck be used? If you will use it day to day mall crawl and punch it merging on the highway I’d choose a TRX, if you have will use it to have fun off roading I’d stay with the Raptor.

I have a friend who let me long term ( about two weeks or so )test drive his TRX . I loved it on road, it has more luxury features and I also love that it has rear ventilated seats. When I took it to my local OHV area I found quickly that I preferred the Raptor. My friend felt the same when driving my Raptor but the trade off was fine for him as he stays on pavement.

OP
OP
F

Farva5803

Reaction score
How will the truck be used? If you will use it day to day mall crawl and punch it merging on the highway I’d choose a TRX, if you have will use it to have fun off roading I’d stay with the Raptor.

I have a friend who let me long term ( about two weeks or so )test drive his TRX . I loved it on road, it has more luxury features and I also love that it has rear ventilated seats. When I took it to my local OHV area I found quickly that I preferred the Raptor. My friend felt the same when driving my Raptor but the trade off was fine for him as he stays on pavement.

I'll be staying on pavement other than gravel roads near where my family lives in WVa. Took me awhile to save up and afford these trucks- not looking to fuck them up off reading 😂😂.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll be placing my order tomorrow with Koons in VA haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19