Sirius

Trick

Reaction score
My wife had this in her dart for about 7years, but she hardly used it between her downloads, local stations and the occasional cd. Our biggest issue was it constantly dropping out along our local highways and back roads most likely from the wooded nature of the PNW.

Now in my new Ram I have the trial period and have drop outs fairly often, but maybe a little better then the previous situation.

Are others experiencing this and do you find value in retaining it?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife had this in her dart for about 7years, but she hardly used it between her downloads, local stations and the occasional cd. Our biggest issue was it constantly dropping out along our local highways and back roads most likely from the wooded nature of the PNW.

Now in my new Ram I have the trial period and have drop outs fairly often, but maybe a little better then the previous situation.

Mine goes out goes out out times, but not to bad. Definitely goes out when going under over passes and parking garages. It does go out randomly even if there isn't obstructions which is weird. I just wait for it to come back or change the channel. The odd thing is, other channels work when others don't have signal.

doubeleive

Reaction score
The problem is inherent to satellite radio period, unless you are in open terrain (no tree's, mountains, etc) then it's going to cut out here and there.
it's mostly flat farm land around me so doesn't happen much, more or less just when going under a overpass.
if you have a Sirius account then that also gives you a online account and streaming capability at home and on your mobile phone.
so if you download the app and sign in you can stream thru your vehicle uninterrupted unless you hit a dead spot.
I have a lifetime account I paid for like 20 years ago and I pay for a monthly service also just for convenience

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
I have not had any drop outs but I haven’t gone in a tunnel or anything like it. I do like how fast and good it links up to the phone.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
We have very few drop-outs. Normally the new 2021 Ram only gets them in tunnels, while under or near large metal structures and when in the mountains. The rest of the time, it's very good and considerably better than the lifetime SiriusXM in my 2003 Ram. When it runs out, I will call and haggle for another $65 per year deal like I have in my Daytona and my daughter's car.

MADDOG

Reaction score

I had the same experience. I'd drive out of NE PDX along HWY 30 to Cornelius Pass, then over that road to Hwy 26 and on to Hillsboro. I always lost the signal in that creek canyon. The dropouts were annoying and overall performance sucked.

I never retained it and let it expire after the free trial.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I had Sirius in my 2018, I barely had any drops. I still run Sirius in my 2006 and I get quite a few in that truck. So I'm chalking it up to better updated tech then obstacles in the way.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I had Sirius in my 2018, I barely had any drops. I still run Sirius in my 2006 and I get quite a few in that truck. So I'm chalking it up to better updated tech then obstacles in the way.
Mine is really bad at dropping service when going under overhangs. Not sure why. When I pull into my garage it’s gone, or if I’m in a drive thru the same thing. It’s always when something important is coming on top of course! 😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outofmyleague