Someone educate me

MO VietVet

Reaction score
I saw a video about the rear suspension these new trucks. I would like to hear from owners about the benefits of this suspension. It looks very interesting to me and this comes from a life long GM owner with a Ford or two mixed in over time. If there are even more rear suspension links to more videos, please supply them. Thanks

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw a video about the rear suspension these new trucks. I would like to hear from owners about the benefits of this suspension. It looks very interesting to me and this comes from a life long GM owner with a Ford or two mixed in over time. If there are even more rear suspension links to more videos, please supply them. Thanks

What questions do you have about the rear?

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
What questions do you have about the rear?
I saw different swingarm type struts and was interested in the axle wrap 5th shock. I only saw one video and would like to see more posted about that and the rest of the suspension. I am a suspension guy first since I know that you can build for power and speed but if you can't put all that to the ground and control it, it is a waste of time, IMO.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw different swingarm type struts and was interested in the axle wrap 5th shock. I only saw one video and would like to see more posted about that and the rest of the suspension. I am a suspension guy first since I know that you can build for power and speed but if you can't put all that to the ground and control it, it is a waste of time, IMO.

There's a guy I saw on YouTube that added in a rear stabilizer bar and he said it made the rear so much better. I'll try to find the video.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
The Gladiator, 1500 and 2500 all have a related suspension, 5 link and the greatest thing about this suspension to me is that I can travel back country roads with way more confidence then that of a leaf spring suspension. Take a leaf spring truck down a wash board road and you'll come out of it with white knuckles but in my Ram it drives straight and true, one handed if you want (I don't). Also when launching off the line I think is an advantage too. The guys on this site that have a Raptor and a TRX can tell us what it's like even though the Raptor has a well set up suspension.

OP
OP
MO VietVet

MO VietVet

Reaction score
There's a guy I saw on YouTube that added in a rear stabilizer bar and he said it made the rear so much better. I'll try to find the video.
I saw that video already. It was a Hellwig bar for a GM product that was adapted but made the installer very happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19