Why Manifolds?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Why did they put manifolds on these trucks? I can’t imagine they couldn’t fit the same headers that come on the cars with the hellcat.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It must be about CAFE and emission standards. Surely they could squeeze some more horse power out of these engines with some more exhaust flow. Dang EPA

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
It must be about CAFE and emission standards. Surely they could squeeze some more horse power out of these engines with some more exhaust flow. Dang EPA
I guess I get cafe standards lol. I’m just shocked the truck is already a lower horse power, but then to put on manifolds? it’s like….”I know we already cut back on your HP from all the other hellcat platforms, but one more screw you is we will give you less flowing exhaust manifolds.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
from what I can gather, manifolds are more like a plenum and actual headers are 4 pipes that merge together further away from the engine
No, no - I get that. I know the difference. I just thought they put the same manifolds on, on my Scat Pack they are basically shorty headers.

On the TRX it must be for clearance or power curves.

This is on my car

six-four-exhaust-manifold.JPG

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another thing a lot of people don't know or think about is when you improve the exhaust flow, you will loose actual boost psi. Which would allow you to run a smaller blower pulley or a bigger crank pulley. Sounds odd I know, but it's all about efficiency, efficiency goes up, more air can get into and out of the cylinders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj