Adaptive Cruise control

Americanmuscle707

Reaction score
Is there anybody in the DMV area or recommendation shop that would help install the ACC module on the steering wheel. I’ve researched the DYI videos about how to remove the airbag for the TRX but them springs will not budge at all. It’s almost like they’re locked in place. The video shows that you don’t need that much pressure but that’s the only hiccup I’m running into myself. At this point I think the springs are locked

quietpeen

Reaction score
Where do you live? I’m in South Central PA and could help if you are not too far. Only thing I can say is that you are missing the springs. You have to go in at a little bit of and angle.

OP
OP
Americanmuscle707

Americanmuscle707

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m in MD, in between DC and Baltimore. I can see the spring when I put a flashlight, which angle towards the windshield or towards the floorboard?

quietpeen

Reaction score
You are probably about an 1:45 drive. If you can’t get it you are welcome to come here and i can help you get it off.

This video is of a 4th gen but it shows how you have to Angle toward the steering column.

OP
OP
Americanmuscle707

Americanmuscle707

Reaction score
Thank you, I’ll try this method with the video you provided, if that doesn’t work I’ll make the trip up your way. I shall keep you posted thanks again.

OP
OP
Americanmuscle707

Americanmuscle707

Reaction score
I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I was able to pull it off and install the module. Only thing left now is programming to run the ACC. I appreciate the help.

OP
OP
Americanmuscle707

Americanmuscle707

Reaction score
I don’t have it yet, I do have a question tho, should your truck be in the run position or the other position while your starting the sequence?

OP
OP
Americanmuscle707

Americanmuscle707

Reaction score
And then after each sequence, you turn it to off and let it rest for like 30 seconds right?

NINJA

Reaction score
Is there anybody in the DMV area or recommendation shop that would help install the ACC module on the steering wheel. I’ve researched the DYI videos about how to remove the airbag for the TRX but them springs will not budge at all. It’s almost like they’re locked in place. The video shows that you don’t need that much pressure but that’s the only hiccup I’m running into myself. At this point I think the springs are locked
I've Got The Same Question. I'd like to add the "ACC" but wanted it performed by a quality shop in the Orange County, CA area. So, if anyone has recommendations, I'd appreciate the referral. Thanks very much.

quietpeen

Reaction score
And then after each sequence, you turn it to off and let it rest for like 30 seconds right?
For adaptice Cruse there were like three things to change? I made all the changes and then closed out of AlfaOBD.

after I did this i let the truck completely shut everything down. When I started it I got errors for the collision warning and the ACC was not recognized. I was expecting this. I had to reset the ECU in AlfaOBD. After the reset my changes were still set and when I started the truck up there were no codes and ACC was able to turn on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron