Adding HomeLink and lighted mirror visor.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Being a “base model” trx my truck didn’t come with HomeLink (biggest reason for this) or a mirror let alone a illuminated mirror on the drivers side sun visor. The passenger side at least gets the illuminated mirror. Anyway I have a visor en route with the HomeLink. So far my research shows that this is completely plug and play and shouldn’t require turning it on with AlfaOBD.

I will find out in a few days and then if for some reason it does require AlfaOBD i will add which settings needed changed to make it work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
So i have bad news and then “the bright side” 🤣

I got the new visor today with the homelink buttons. Turns out on my truck there is no harness there at all for the drivers side. I took a lot more apart than I wanted to so I could see if there was one up in the head liner taped back. There definitely is not. I was hoping that since it was a trx that they would have just used one (universal to the TRX) wiring harness for ease of production.

So the bright side is that I now have a mirror in my visor which I did not before.

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
My question for any of the more electrical guru’s on here. If I bought the correct plug is it conceivable that I could just tap into the the wires that go to the passenger side visor? That one came with a lighted mirror visor.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
It just needs constant 12v right? Seems like tapping the passenger wire would be just fine. A couple tiny lights and a garage door remote won’t draw anything really.

Could also run your own wire up there. Pretty much a straight shot from the fuse box, tuck into the A-pillar and under the headliner.

Willing to bet Chrysler used the same plug for many years and many other vehicles too. Could probably grab a pigtail from a local junkyard for a few bucks.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I got this working today. I contacted Mpgrimm2 from ramforum and he got me the info on the pigtail and what wires to tap into. I bought a mopar pigtail rebuild kit part # 68057289AA and made my own harness. The wires for the light were already run on the headliner side of the Main harness. This harness is located behind the headlight switch. The wire for the homelink was not present on this side of the harness so I had to tap into it on the body side of the harness. The wires were pinned at 6,17, & 19.

6 is the ground wire and is black
17 is the UGDO Enable Control Circuit and was gray
19 is the power wire and is yellow with a blue stripe.

Once I got all the splices done I plugged everything in and did a test. Lights on the vanity mirror worked but the homelink didn’t. I suspected this so i got AlfaOBD connected and searched for a setting and found it. Just had to change it from no to yes and it works fine now.

AlfaOBD setting:
CBC Config I/O: Connector G Pin 15: UGDO Feed Output Present: Set to yes

Last edited:
OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
No it really wasn’t. I sat inside making the harness yesterday and then today took everything apart and did the splices. Yes I was cutting into factory wires, but I figured it’s just wires, it can be fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko