Air intake

garysrt

Reaction score
It’s been soo long and I still can’t decide on what intake to get🥲SOMEEEONE PLZZZ HELPPPP, it’s either the Bwoody, Afe, or Jmb. I was gonna order afe but I heard that jmb is wayyyyyy louder. Idk I just want the whine to be loud asf ykkkk. PLZZZZ HELPPP

quietpeen

Reaction score
The bwoody and jmb will both be louder than the AFE. between the jmb or the Bwoody i would say whichever you can get with the shortest wait Unless you are patient unlike me.

quietpeen

Reaction score
AFE will definitely be louder than stock and I’m guessing very comparable to S&B.

I have the S&B and really like it, but will say there are times where i would like the extra whine

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Lid really doesn’t make a huge difference on IATs now that I know what to look at. IAT1 (which I have up on my Banks OBD2 gauge) is the actual temperature from the sensor in the intake tube. And with or without the lid it’s read damn near the same in the tests I’ve run. At best it may help a bit sitting in traffic.

The intake air temperature gauge on the cluster is reading an average of two sensors that are post-supercharger & intercoolers so it’s not really useful in measuring the difference on the intake side.

I guess what I’m saying is that you give up virtually nothing getting rid of it.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Lid really doesn’t make a huge difference on IATs now that I know what to look at. IAT1 (which I have up on my Banks OBD2 gauge) is the actual temperature from the sensor in the intake tube. And with or without the lid it’s read damn near the same in the tests I’ve run. At best it may help a bit sitting in traffic.

The intake air temperature gauge on the cluster is reading an average of two sensors that are post-supercharger & intercoolers so it’s not really useful in measuring the difference on the intake side.

I guess what I’m saying is that you give up virtually nothing getting rid of it.
That’s the kind of info i like to hear.

Haulcat71

Reaction score
I installed the AFE dropins, makes more noise and keeps the hood functional..
air.PNG

Last edited:

criminator

Reaction score
It’s been soo long and I still can’t decide on what intake to get🥲SOMEEEONE PLZZZ HELPPPP, it’s either the Bwoody, Afe, or Jmb. I was gonna order afe but I heard that jmb is wayyyyyy louder. Idk I just want the whine to be loud asf ykkkk. PLZZZZ HELPPP
I have an AWE exhaust and yes it is loud but you can judge for yourself

Attachments

• IMG_7801.mov
    12.8 MB
Reaction score
I have an AWE exhaust and yes it is loud but you can judge for yourself
I believe he is asking which cai to get, I personally like my AFE , it may not be as loud as the Bwoody but at least it pulls air from out side of the engine compartment that has more heat for the engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19