Anyone modify their TRX on their own?

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wanting to see if anyone has a start to finish project on their TRX? Love seeing the progress of a DIY because I have no skills to do upgrades on my own

Trailmaker

Reaction score
Strange?! I thought this would be full. One of the biggest reasons to get on a forum ( besides your truck broke) is to see how to mod it… maybe be a different class of guys here??

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Strange?! I thought this would be full. One of the biggest reasons to get on a forum ( besides your truck broke) is to see how to mod it… maybe be a different class of guys here??

Guys with less resources buy used trucks, equip the used truck themselves and take them to the woods. Guys with more resources buy new and well-equipped trucks, then go straight to the woods. Until the TRX becomes older and the options and capabilities people want change, the TRX will likely be owned mainly by this second type of guys. Only the really serious off-roaders and modders will do any major mods to them for a while.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Reaction score
I look at the DIY section as a section for posting How to threads. Giving step by step directions to doing certain mods. Not a section to just post a mod you did. That would fall under the other sub forums like wheels in exterior and seat covers in interior, etc.

jake226

Reaction score
Anyone added one of the ADD aftermarket bumpers themselves? I’m contemplating putting on the ADD Bomber bumper whenever the truck finally arrives (it’s been sitting at Toledo for over 6 weeks now). This seems like a pretty straightforward swap and I think the bomber bumpers look really slick with the three BD LP6’s on these trucks. I’ve done some minor frame cutting/ and reloaction of brake booster on our jeep while swapping out the front bumper. Feel like this would be similar. Interested to hear what the group thinks..

While I’m left dreaming in my garage of the work I’d like to do….I thought I would ask though to see if anyone ran into unforeseen difficulties with install or had to do any cutting. I will not be cutting on my brand new truck. Lol. If the install requires that then I’m out.

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have no experience with the ADD. I would imagine that for the prices they are asking they have done all the research to not have to to any major modifications. Again I’m assuming something based off the price they are asking and not giving real world experience 🤣

Reaction score
Only because I can not find a body shop to do it without wanting to re-spray the entire sides, I am thinking of taping off to the body line and doing light sand on the Gloss /Pear Black on the sides, priming it, and paint match it. I am told it is guaranteed to match. I am still thinking...lol

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Only because I can not find a body shop to do it without wanting to re-spray the entire sides, I am thinking of taping off to the body line and doing light sand on the Gloss /Pear Black on the sides, priming it, and paint match it. I am told it is guaranteed to match. I am still thinking...lol
I love modifying my TRX myself but I’m not a painter. Major props if you can pull that off.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Is your paint a sold color or pearl coat?

Reaction score
Is your paint a sold color or pearl coat?
Mine is Hydro Blue with the bottom gloss black with Pearl. I just do not understand the what Ram was thinking , Hydro Blue on the body with gloss black on the rocker panels, the flares a being plastic have a mayte finish , the bumpers are a gloss matte , the front skid is Grey, and the bead lock rings a silver color.

Attachments

• 20230225_162405.jpg
    20230225_162405.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 102

quietpeen

Reaction score
So the top being a pearl coat is going to be hard to match. I understand why the body shops want to blend. Now another option is to have the bottom black covered in stealth ppf. It will provide protection and match more with the fenders.

Reaction score
So the top being a pearl coat is going to be hard to match. I understand why the body shops want to blend. Now another option is to have the bottom black covered in stealth ppf. It will provide protection and match more with the fenders.

Reaction score
I was going to just do the touch-up spray in a can, I found several that claim it will hatch, But I get what your saying I am not a painter so I should not attempt it, I will look into the Stealth ppf, I just sen a Hydro blue , and an Orange TRX with the paint match on the forums and they both look good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko