Handy Bought a Beater Van!

grouch

Reaction score
There are several advantages to the van over a storage unit for me:

1. I don't have to handle my daughter's stuff multiple times nor carry it as far with another vehicle. The van is outside her window, stuff goes in and stays until needed.

2. There is no driving across town to store and get her stuff. Once her room is finished and the stuff she wants right now is back in her room, the van goes in the backyard. She can then grab stuff as required without a drive and without additional cost.

3. My daughter is a pack rat. This van is part of the solution. Once she gets what she needs now and I put the van in the backyard, that's where it will stay for a while. She will have to go get stuff as needed. The vast majority will never be needed. By next fall, I plan to take the van down to my dad's old diesel shop building, where a bunch of other stuff is stored. I will just leave all her unused stuff there. And that's likely where it will stay, forever. It will not be in my house and it will not be in a storage unit costing me money.

4. Once finished with the van, I can most likely resale it and actually make a small profit.

When I bought my house back in the 80's, my sisters (who both live in McMansions) and my mother all asked if I could store some stuff for them "for a little while". Fast forward 35 years, it's all still here. Mom's been gone for a few years and if my sisters haven't needed it by now, they don't need it. It's amazing how much room several trips to the Thrift store or the dump can make.

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
When I bought my house back in the 80's, my sisters (who both live in McMansions) and my mother all asked if I could store some stuff for them "for a little while". Fast forward 35 years, it's all still here. Mom's been gone for a few years and if my sisters haven't needed it by now, they don't need it. It's amazing how much room several trips to the Thrift store or the dump can make.

Yep. If I don't sell the van, I may just wait until my daughter finally moves out for good, then load all her stuff up and give her the van with all her stuff in it. Problem solved. Old beater vans can really come in handy. Lot's of options there. 🤣

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. If I don't sell the van, I may just wait until my daughter finally moves out for good, then load all her stuff up and give her the van with all her stuff in it. Problem solved. Old beater vans can really come in handy. Lot's of options there. 🤣

I wouldn't sell it! Thing is to cool to sell. Just know that most woman will want to avoid do to it being a perfect kidnapper vehicle. Ha ha!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swerve19