I’m new to all of you!

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Do smaller dealers have an allocation cap on customer orders or just orders for their own lot? Wonder if that is why some still want to charge over msrp on customer orders where it seems like big dealers like koons can order as many as people are willing to order so they are still making decent money.
It’s been reported that allocations are only needed on dealer stock. In theory there’s nothing stopping any other dealer from doing what Koons is. I mean, it’s kinda smart in these times of low inventory. Even if a couple buyers fall through, they won’t exactly be heartbroken to put their trucks on the lot.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple of “gray market” order and flip dealerships in my area advertising them for $50,000 above sticker with under 10 miles. The whole thing is sketchy. But I remember this same stuff happening with the Miata and the FJ Cruiser. I got my FJ in 2008 when a guy backed out in his $50,000 preorder and I paid $29,400 for the same trail teams that he walked on (rightfully so). Gas hit $5 a gallon and it had sat for almost A year at that point. I ended up selling it for more than I paid two years later.

Hopefully the TRX market normalizes and I’ll jump. I’m not in a huge hurry…. But sure would love to hop into one each day!
50k over sticker price! Unreal

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi everyone… I’ve been a member of the Ram forum for years. Just thought I would move over here as well (thanks for the invite Shaggy!). I’ve been awaiting a TRX since about the day it was announced. Now that I’ve saved up enough money… there are none to be found for what I budgeted. Blah!

I’ll drive my 2001 Grand Cherokee for a bit longer I suppose. Did have a 2017 Ram Hemi Sport (LOVED it!), but wife wanted to trade for a small and sporty car for her to commute with. Of course she wins every time and that’s the way it should be. She got her spiffy little Audi Quattro and she’s a happy camper.

Has anyone ordered the (relatively) stripped down TRX base model?

View attachment 2349
Welcome to the site btw! (y)

quietpeen

Reaction score
I have not seen a lower trim yet.
1645122283887.gif

jake226

Reaction score
I ordered from Devin at Dan Cummins in Georgetown Kentucky for 4% under invoice. My order was placed last week and I got my POC with VON same day. Got my VIN this week (it may have been assigned last week, but I didn’t inquire about until this Wednesday).

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I ordered from Devin at Dan Cummins in Georgetown Kentucky for 4% under invoice. My order was placed last week and I got my POC with VON same day. Got my VIN this week (it may have been assigned last week, but I didn’t inquire about until this Wednesday).
Congrats. What’s your build looking like?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Crystal Granite, level 2, sunroof, adaptive cruise, and bedliner. Hoping she’s a beaut Clark!

Figure it’ll take me til September to find out.
Hopefully for you it doesn’t take till September. It definitely will be a nice truck.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Are those the deals that require a Ram trade-in? I’d totally do it if I hadn’t traded my Ram in for my wife’s Audi. I’ll have to dig a bit deeper into them. I’ve got a few SUV’s I should just sell right now while things are going for more. I’m hesitant to sell anything until I have an incoming vehicle locked down though. I hate walking! Haha.
It has been a while since you posted but there are dealers(one is a vendor on here) that will order one for a decent amount under msrp. However also since you posted base price of a trx has increased so its gotten better for ordering a little but worse because of the price increases. To add to that used trx’s are selling for msrp if not higher.

OP
OP
B

BamBam Senior

Reaction score
I’ve tried to order locally for quite a few reasons (one being a disability which makes me really hesitant to drive across the country), and nobody is interested in doing business. It’s almost comical how bad they are. I may have to order elsewhere and do a truck it back (I’ve done this before, but back when you could get a vehicle across the country for $700 max). Things have just changed a lot. Maybe a Raptor Ranger is calling my name. It’s not what I originally wanted…. But it’s got front and rear lockers and supposedly a local dealer has no problem ordering one for me below MSRP and selling it to me with cash (everyone else is demanding partial financing to even speak to me). What a mess. Hopefully things normal out some.

I do invest in semiconductors quite a bit, and watching my own investments and the movement on the stocks tells me that the chip shortage is going to end sooner than car manufacturers want to let on. So we shall see if things normalize enough for me to get an order in that works for me. I do so appreciate the help!

quietpeen

Reaction score
yea this a crazy time(not just in the automobile industry). Unfortunately it has made an environment where the greedy win. There is a dealer in PA north of Philly that has 11 TRX's on the lot but everyone of them is marked up at least 10 grand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko