Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Rivan is so tiny.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Yeah, Ford kinda embarrassed themselves carrying over that 3.5 motor into the Gen 3. Between the TRX, all the EVs coming, and even Ford’s own PowerBoost trucks…the Raptor seems absolutely slow. Crazy because the Gen 2 was the quickest truck you could get just a few years ago.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Ford kinda embarrassed themselves carrying over that 3.5 motor into the Gen 3. Between the TRX, all the EVs coming, and even Ford’s own PowerBoost trucks…the Raptor seems absolutely slow. Crazy because the Gen 2 was the quickest truck you could get just a few years ago.

For sure, but how is the offroading of the TRX compared to the Raptor though?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
For sure, but how is the offroading of the TRX compared to the Raptor though?
Most say the Raptor is more capable and lighter on it’s feet. I’ll concede that. But everyone I know who has or had one treated it like a pavement princess anyway.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most say the Raptor is more capable and lighter on it’s feet. I’ll concede that. But everyone I know who has or had one treated it like a pavement princess anyway.
The Raptor like a Princess?

OnTheReel

Reaction score
The Raptor like a Princess?
Yup. So you might as well buy something that has balls if you only use it on the street. I assume that's why there's hundreds of Raptor converts here and in the other TRX groups. Any off road advantage the Raptor has, barely anyone will use.

In my opinion, for most off road scenarios around here, something like a Rubicon makes more sense than either of these trucks.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup. So you might as well buy something that has balls if you only use it on the street. I assume that's why there's hundreds of Raptor converts here and in the other TRX groups. Any off road advantage the Raptor has, barely anyone will use.

In my opinion, for most off road scenarios around here, something like a Rubicon makes more sense than either of these trucks.
I get both sides. The cost of the trucks probably gives people a little more apprehension on taking it off road. But I see what you mean is why buy a truck like the Raptor and use it for what it’s capable of

quietpeen

Reaction score
Electric vehicles can have insane torque so it’s not surprising, but also not sustainable right now no matter how much a politician tells you it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron