Nearly lost my truck today.

grouch

Reaction score
I recently picked up a little convertible and was working on the electrical issues it has in my driveway. I heard a noise that sounded like jet back blast and then one heck of a BOOM! I stood up trying to see what happened. I walked around my car and then my pickup and a car had run off the road. Fortunately, the kids next door were at school as he took out most of the fence and went through where they play after school. A kid was trying to put the receipt away from an oil change he had just gotten and ran off the road. 3 feet to the left he would have plowed into my car and about 4 or 5 feet he would have nailed my truck.

20220921_131235.jpg
20220921_123830.jpg
20220921_123748.jpg
20220921_123805.jpg

I sort of felt sorry for the kid but I'll bet he is more careful with his next car. A friend runs the oil change place and I stopped by to tell him that car wouldn't be back.

While I was talking to one of the Deputies, an older woman stopped and asked if we ought to call the police. I pointed to the unit car where I was standing and then the one in my driveway. Her response was "Oh, I guess not." I told the Deputy what she said and all he said was "And they still have their license."

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Wow, haven’t seen one of those first gen Neons in awhile. Somehow it dodged the rust bullet. Just not the pole.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Wow, haven’t seen one of those first gen Neons in awhile. Somehow it dodged the rust bullet. Just not the pole.

I'm just south of the rust belt. 50 miles north, cars dissolve. 50 miles south they just get weathered.

I felt sorry for the kid. My friend who did the oil change said he was a "Special needs" kid from a local high school. He was stuttering and a little off but he had just plowed into a utility pole. That could explain it.

The PT came from Michigan originally and is pretty solid but it does have one tin worm dinner under the left rocker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko