New Cleaning Supplies

quietpeen

Reaction score
Since I upgraded the interior to leather I figured I should actually take care of it. I am a big fan of Adams products so I got Adam's Leather and Interior cleaner and was also going to get their Leather and Interior Dressing(not their conditioner) but it wouldn't have been delivered till next week and being the impatient person that I am I decided to try Chemical Guys Leather Protectant Serum my only concern with this product is that it has natural leather scent and a satin finish. I usually don't care for fake leather scents, and I don't want the leather to be shiny. For the Alcantara suede I previously bought Sonax cleaner which works well especially on the steering wheel. What are your go to products for leather and suede?

Adams Leather and Interior Cleaner_.jpg

Chemical Guys Leather Protectant Serum.jpg

sonax.jpg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I bought the complete chemical guys leather kit on Amazon. It’s fine, but it does give a lot of gloss, and it lasts a long time. So I’ve just been using this for regular cleaning / maintenance.

I like the smell and the dispenser is nice. It’s also really cheap to buy locally.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I bought the complete chemical guys leather kit on Amazon. It’s fine, but it does give a lot of gloss, and it lasts a long time. So I’ve just been using this for regular cleaning / maintenance.

I like the smell and the dispenser is nice. It’s also really cheap to buy locally.
Funny thing is I haven't even used it yet, which means I could have just waited for the Adams stuff I originally picked. Don't know all the differences between the chemical guys stuff you bought and the serum I bought but I'm now really hoping that it is less gloss. The Serum also has a bit a chemical smell to it.

However I did clean the back seats with the Adams cleaner and I like the results. It foams/bubbles up nicely when using a brush on it.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Chemical Guys HOL303 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Detailing Kit, for Interiors, Leather, Apparel, Furniture, Boots, and More (Works on Natural, Synthetic, Pleather, Faux Leather and More), 9 Items https://a.co/d/9ACIuE2

It was a Black Friday deal. I like the cleaner. The conditioner is just a little much for my tastes. Especially on the dash and door panel leather.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Finally tried out the chemical guys leather serum. It does add just a little gloss but not a whole lot. I did also buy the adams leather and interior dressing which is supposed to add no gloss. It’s hard to tell in the pics but I will try lol

Here is a seat after being cleaned.(no conditioner yet)

5A3A90F5-6553-4FEF-BB21-49AB10DE13E1.jpeg

And here is one that has the Chemical Guys leather serum.

B476C750-3AFB-4F70-ADE1-5B21A4A62AB1.jpeg

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
These two pics are the difference between the chemical guys and the adams stuff

chemical guys leather serum

8E855405-A61C-467F-9760-AABCC3E49AD2.jpeg

And the adams leather dressing

630938C6-9E8F-4FBC-AB3A-95CC581EEF30.jpeg

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Two more, i really don’t think you can see the slight difference in the pics

Chemical guys

5EE4120E-8B8E-4D54-B04B-85C16D59C4B9.jpeg

Adams

C17358EB-437F-459B-88CB-7A0B22A0A6EF.jpeg

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Yeah, really hard to tell. Those outer bolsters on the seat bottoms aren’t even leather. Guessing the faux stuff wears better there.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Really? That’s disappointing that they are not leather. Still look better overall than the seats I replaced so I won’t complain one bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko