New Recall on Tailgate Latch

quietpeen

Reaction score
You would think that would have learned from the issues that they had on the 4th gens

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Had this recall done today. Everything was fine, no adjustment needed. Service advisor said they’ve checked a handful already and all were good to go.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Has anyone got their Tail gate recall done?
Yeah. All they did was an inspection and said it was fine. Also said that every other one they checked so far was fine. I figured as much since the tailgate hasn’t flown open on it’s own in the last year and a half.

Moparmadman

Reaction score
Tailgate opened up on the way home from work today, lost a large dog crate and a suitcase full of clothes.. never heard it, or saw anything, but got home and put it in reverse could tell the tailgate was down because of the camera. Haven’t heard of this until today.. smh.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
Tailgate opened up on the way home from work today, lost a large dog crate and a suitcase full of clothes.. never heard it, or saw anything, but got home and put it in reverse could tell the tailgate was down because of the camera. Haven’t heard of this until today.. smh.
Sorry to hear that. With the soft open its not like the old days where you hear the tailgate slam down and it scares you. What level is your truck? It didn’t give a warning on the evic?

Last edited:

Moparmadman

Reaction score
It’s a TR2, no or atleast I didn’t see it. I have an RSI Smartcap on my bed too, so never thought it could’ve happened. I’m gonna call and get it serviced at the dealership.

Moparmadman

Reaction score
C927DC24-E5A3-4836-B873-52316131B0F2.jpeg

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
being a lvl 2 it should have that I would think. Mine is a level 0 so i had to turn it on with AlfaOBD but when my tailgate is open it shows it down in the screen where it shows if a door is adjar. Then if I put it in drive with the tailgate down I get an animated warning on the center of the evic.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
My 21 level 2 doesn’t have the tailgate alert. I’ve heard that people have to turn it on on the 2022s as well.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I’ve been mulling it over. There’s a few things I’d like to do. Just don’t have an Android or Windows device at the moment.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Luckily I have my work laptop that I was able to use.
I bit the bullet and got a cheap Galaxy tablet. Adding this was not the primary reason, but I’m gonna do it while I’m in there. The actual reason for it should be pretty cool too but that’s for another day.

Any good how to write ups or videos on this software in general? I know enough to definitely create a backup first.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and got a cheap Galaxy tablet. Adding this was not the primary reason, but I’m gonna do it while I’m in there. The actual reason for it should be pretty cool too but that’s for another day.

Any good how to write ups or videos on this software in general? I know enough to definitely create a backup first.
Search on Youtube. It's basically the same process but laid out differently on an android device vs. a windows device. Probably easier to understand on android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko