New TRX

beast121

Reaction score
Just got my 2023 TRX , I was so happy until I noticed all the rework that needed to be done .
Engine tick at idle , r/ front fender body lines off by 3/8 Ths , paint run l/ lower corner of tailgate , both front fender points sticking 3/16 s above hood , r / a pillar to fender gap 1/4 inch , not to mention all my fuses and relays in the main fuse box were not fully seated relays were installed at an angle , and my right rear wheel lug nuts were only torqued to 60 ftlbs
Am I being too picky ? The truck was 115,000 I’m not wealthy spent my life savings ?
Still puts a smile on my face when I stomp on the throttle and that’s priceless to me !! IDK

quietpeen

Reaction score
unfortunately the engine tick at idle is normal. It's many times called the "Hemi Tick" If you are talking about more of a chirping sound that seems to come from behind the front wheel that is also unfortunately normal. It's has to do with the manifold design and the cats.

For alignment with panels it seems its hit or miss whether a truck comes off the line with panels aligned or not. You should be able to get them aligned under warranty.

The fuses is another common issue and not just related to the TRX, or Ram. I have seen it being an issues on Jeep Wranglers also.

Wheel lugs is kinda scary and really should have been found by your dealer in pdi. At least its an easy fix.

I don't think you are being too picky, you spent a lot of money on this truck and it's not out of line to want things to be right. Knowing what is normal vs. what isn't helps make the list not look as bad.

So on another note. I highly suggest looking into igla or ravelco. You spent all this money, it would really suck to go out and find that your truck was stolen. These trucks are big targets for thieves and unfortunately it is way too easy for them to take these truck in a matter of minutes.

OP
OP
B

beast121

Reaction score
unfortunately the engine tick at idle is normal. It's many times called the "Hemi Tick" If you are talking about more of a chirping sound that seems to come from behind the front wheel that is also unfortunately normal. It's has to do with the manifold design and the cats.

For alignment with panels it seems its hit or miss whether a truck comes off the line with panels aligned or not. You should be able to get them aligned under warranty.

The fuses is another common issue and not just related to the TRX, or Ram. I have seen it being an issues on Jeep Wranglers also.

Wheel lugs is kinda scary and really should have been found by your dealer in pdi. At least its an easy fix.

I don't think you are being too picky, you spent a lot of money on this truck and it's not out of line to want things to be right. Knowing what is normal vs. what isn't helps make the list not look as bad.

So on another note. I highly suggest looking into igla or ravelco. You spent all this money, it would really suck to go out and find that your truck was stolen. These trucks are big targets for thieves and unfortunately it is way too easy for them to take these truck in a matter of minutes.
thank you for the insights on my truck’s shortcomings, I hope the engine tick is not a valve train issue ?
My buddy is an engine freak he seems to think the lifters are bleeding down causing the tick , he said if that is the case increase oil press 3 psi and idle rpm by 100
And the tick will be almost silent ?
I think it’s what you pointed out , to me it’s more of a chirping sound , once the truck warms up after driving for 10-15 minutes the chirp seems to disappear . As far as the body I guess stallantis doesn’t QC the truck’s before shipping out to the corresponding dealer ? or the tech who performed the PDI must Yu have had a blindfold on !!
Thank god I checked the lugs
It would have sucked to have a wheel come loose at 70 mph with my family in the truck !!
CRAZY ?
Also my front And rear diff fluids were only half full , transfer case about a half quart low ?
All full now .
Thanks for the tip on how to prevent theft I heard that was a real problem
Like you said it would suck bad to find out someone just drove my truck away in 2 minutes !!! I’m also thinking about a KILL SWITCH it wouldn’t be too hard to install , interrupt power from the start button to the starter , sounds and looks good on paper ? I’m drawing a wiring diagram . To accomplish this
Not for nothing but if stallantis is aware of all the shortcomings why don’t they do something about it ???
I know it’s all about the Benjamin’s
Thanks again

quietpeen

Reaction score
since you said you think it is more of the chirping sound and goes away after the truck warms up that is definitely normal. I could have sworn I posted it on here somewhere showing a bulletin from stelantis stating that this is normal of all hellcat engines and the sound is coming from the cats. When my truck is not fully warmed up yet and I'm stopped say at a drive through with the window open i can hear the chirping. If I put it in park the chirping goes away till I put it back in drive.

@OnTheReel did a kill switch I believe and I think he has a write-up on here how to do it.

OnTheReel

Reaction score
Here’s the kill switch I did. I also have the Tazer DT which offers more security features. Nothing is perfect but it all helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron