Shifts And Grins Fabrication TRX Build

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I'll get this started so it's documented. Full disclosure, this build will be slower going than I'd like but you guys will see prototype parts here before they are released. Some may never be released. I'll try to do my best to document where all of the parts came from as well, hint, most will be from Shifts And Grins Fabrication. To start with, I installed our Ditch Light Brackets and Diode Dynamics SS3 lights. I built my own harness for the lights because I didn't have one on hand from Diode Dynamics and I had all of the parts to build my own harness. I will be swapping these lights out with either SS5 pods or SS3 Max pods. I'll probably install some SSC1 Pods to the sides as well. I also had the entire truck done with PPF. The roof was done matte black, the lower black portion of the truck was done in matte (Stealth) PPF and the silver was done in gloss. The next two things I will do is install our reverse light kit and then figure out and make instructions to mount a Diode Dynamics 30" light bar behind the lower grill of the front bumper. After that, it will be prototype and Test and Evaluation parts. There is a lot on the list. You all will have to follow to see where this goes. I will be doing a prerunner theme on this build.
IMG_5837.jpg
IMG_5838.jpg
IMG_5840.jpg
IMG_5846.jpg

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Oh PPF was done by Tint Cartel in Mesa AZ. I got bedside TRX stickers from @CatchMeOffroad and hood decal from Earnhardt's CJDR (Mopar). Those will be installed next week at my 1 week check up.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
I’m Liking the bottom black done in The stealth ppf. It matches the fender flares much better
Thank you. I totally agree. I was planning on doing the entire truck stealth but it really didn’t make much of a change in the silver and was $1,000 less to do the silver in gloss.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Wow only 1 grand less? I thought I have seen the silver is stealth and like it.
It has stealth on the roof and all of the lower black paint. It looked good with all stealth. They put on a sample piece for me. I just didn’t think it made that much of a difference on the silver. Huge difference on the black. My original plan was all stealth but after seeing the sample piece my wife and I both agreed stealth on the black and gloss on the silver. We never agree on aesthetics stuff either so it was a no brainer.

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh PPF was done by Tint Cartel in Mesa AZ. I got bedside TRX stickers from @CatchMeOffroad and hood decal from Earnhardt's CJDR (Mopar). Those will be installed next week at my 1 week check up.
Irving the owner is one of my good buddies. Tint Cartel is the best! Only guys I trust to take care of my truck.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Irving the owner is one of my good buddies. Tint Cartel is the best! Only guys I trust to take care of my truck.
I'm pleased so far. I just saw it in person for the first time. I was out of town. I'll look it over tomorrow in better light so I can note anything needing attention at the 1 week follow up appointment. They have been great to deal with so far.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Got my A pillar lights installed and wired up and got my reverse light brackets, lights and wiring done. I just did the standalone harness for now because I had limited time and it only takes about 20 minutes to install the standalone kit.

- A pillar Lights are Diode Dynamics SS3 Sports with a Combo Lens mounted to Shifts And Grins Fabrication A Pillar Brackets. Wiring harness is a custom Shifts And Grins Fabrication Harness.
- Reverse Lights are Diode Dynamics SSC1 Pro Lights in a Wide pattern with a clear lens and red back light. Those lights are mounted to Shifts And Grins Fabrication reverse light brackets. Wiring harness is a Shifts And Grins Fabrication Auto Operation Only Plug And Play Harness.

Tomorrow is the first PPF checkup and they will install the bedside stickers. I am hoping my hood decal is in so I can have it installed tomorrow as well.
IMG_1550.jpg
IMG_1552.PNG
IMG_1557.PNG
IMG_1558.PNG
IMG_1560.PNG

G-Ride990

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks great! And agreed, if Bill Luke ain't paying for that advertisement, ditch that damn plate surround. Plus, cops hate them in AZ, just another reason for them to pull you over. I went with a slim chrome plate bezel and it looks much better IMO

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins

Shifts And Grins

Reaction score
Hey great to see You finally got your truck and are starting your line of custom parts good luck with everything. Now you need a shop power wagon lol
No doubt. Power Wagons will be the next line we build for when we get a handle on the TRX stuff. My son was going to order a power wagon until he rode in my TRX. Now he is saving a little longer and going to order a TRX.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Tint Cartell in Mesa AZ installed my bedside stickers from @catchmeoffroad. My hood decals still aren't in at the dealer. I also got my registration tab for my plate and installed it.
View attachment 3085View attachment 3086
After looking at this again I really have to look at getting the lower black done in a stealth ppf. The place I’m thinking of doesn’t use expel so I’m curious if it looks as good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko