So is the TRX really a Raptor killer?

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very true. so @APEX REX, if the TRX had a similar ecoboost v6 as the raptors do, would you have switched over to the TRX, or did the hellcat win you over?
It was 100% the engine for me. I love everything about the Gen 2 except the engine.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The TRX suspension I feel is a better option for a street queen then the normal 1500. My Raptor feels so much smoother running on pavement then a normal f150, so I figured it would be the same for the TRX..

I agree with you there but, a lot of it is beefed up for off road abuse which would not be needed. Also no need for all that travel and ground clearance in this scenario. So they can shave some weight and costs there. Then the consumer can add better coils and shocks if they like for a better ride. Fast street trucks are more popular than ever. I really think something like that would sell for them.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was 100% the engine for me. I love everything about the Gen 2 except the engine.

Are you in love with the interior of the TRX more then the Raptor? I'm a huge tech geek and the huge screen on the TRX is awesome!

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you in love with the interior of the TRX more then the Raptor? I'm a huge tech geek and the huge screen on the TRX is awesome!
The interior of the TRX is almost unbelievable for a truck. It's considerably better than the Gen 2 interior, with so many soft-touch surfaces. The seats are awesome and that screen is like having an Ipad in front of you. Lots of interior storage too including two hidden floor cubbies in the rear. Ram did it right for sure.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The interior of the TRX is almost unbelievable for a truck. It's considerably better than the Gen 2 interior, with so many soft-touch surfaces. The seats are awesome and that screen is like having an Ipad in front of you. Lots of interior storage too including two hidden floor cubbies in the rear. Ram did it right for sure.

That and the hellcat would win me over.

Bambi

Reaction score
Very true. so @APEX REX, if the TRX had a similar ecoboost v6 as the raptors do, would you have switched over to the TRX, or did the hellcat win you over?
I never would’ve bought a TRX if it didn’t have a powertrain above 600hp. Plus mods to the HC are well understood at this point. I’m getting a quote right now for a built 426 with all the upgrades. Trying for 800-1000 awhp at full tilt on e85/110oct.

Ford not putting out even a token v-8 in the gen 3 was such a fail. They have the motor. The TRX wasn’t a surprise. They really should’ve had an answer.

F the mpg and other meaningless(to me) stats the ecoboost wins at. My insurance is $850/year.

That powertrain is fackin intoxicating.

Bambi

Reaction score
The TRX suspension I feel is a better option for a street queen then the normal 1500. My Raptor feels so much smoother running on pavement then a normal f150, so I figured it would be the same for the TRX..
Just like most raptors, most of these trucks never see dirt. The 5% (generously) that actually wail on these trucks, trx or raptor, are the strong minority. Most just smash curbs at the mall and run it with a diaper while wearing their fav affliction shirt. To each their own.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just like most raptors, most of these trucks never see dirt. The 5% (generously) that actually wail on these trucks, trx or raptor, are the strong minority. Most just smash curbs at the mall and run it with a diaper while wearing their fav affliction shirt. To each their own.

Is your TRX seeing dirt? ;)

Bambi

Reaction score
Is your TRX seeing dirt? ;)
Basically everytime I drive it in anger and decide to get off the blacktop. Couple times a week. Super engaging truck. But I’m fortunate and have hundreds of miles of logging roads/fire trails a mile from my house and all the offroad scenarios you could expect out of the pnw.

Besides the weight, brakes and tendency for the motor to heat soak, Ram nailed it.

Started taking footage for lulz. Will post once I figure out some lighting/contrast challenges.

Last edited:

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never would’ve bought a TRX if it didn’t have a powertrain above 600hp. Plus mods to the HC are well understood at this point. I’m getting a quote right now for a built 426 with all the upgrades. Trying for 800-1000 awhp at full tilt on e85/110oct.

Ford not putting out even a token v-8 in the gen 3 was such a fail. They have the motor. The TRX wasn’t a surprise. They really should’ve had an answer.

F the mpg and other meaningless(to me) stats the ecoboost wins at. My insurance is $850/year.

That powertrain is fackin intoxicating.

Welcome aboard Bambi, good to have you here! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outofmyleague