TRX vs Rivian

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope. When my Camaro died, I looked at a lot of vehicles including Tesla, Hellcat Wide Body among others. The tesla was off the list fast. Braking sucked, handling sucked. Sure was fast as hell in a straight line but it was cometely numb.

What year Camaro did you own and did you end up getting something else, or still in the process?

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
What year Camaro did you own and did you end up getting something else, or still in the process?
I had a 2020 2SS, engine blew at 11K miles and almost exactly 1 year after I bought it new. Sold it to the dealer fixing it and bought a 2021 Scatpack Wide Body Challenger.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You mentioned that on my challenger forum didn't you. You happer with the challenger then the Camaro(with out factoring in the engine blowing).

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
You mentioned that on my challenger forum didn't you. You happer with the challenger then the Camaro(with out factoring in the engine blowing).
Pretty equal. Each has their own qualities good and bad. The Camaro will run circles on the Challenger in terms of twisties but the Challenger is a Brute. With the Wide Body it handles very well though, just not Camaro well, and neither does the Mustang for that matter.

2 different cars overall, love them both. I personally like my Muscle car better overall (Challenger). Especially now with the Xmod on it.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Here's a great video with a hands-on review of the EV trucks that will soon be available.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am still shocked if Tesla comes out with the Cyber Truck looking like that. I thought for sure it was just a ploy to get attention and never go to producing them. Its just such a weird looking design.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I am still shocked if Tesla comes out with the Cyber Truck looking like that. I thought for sure it was just a ploy to get attention and never go to producing them. Its just such a weird looking design.

Yeah. I don't think that will be the final design either. But I do think it will be pretty Spartan and lacking a lot of options like the Model 3 and Model Y. Unless Tesla ups their game, I don't believe they will be able to complete once the traditional automakers are fully into the EV business. And the same goes for Rivian. It looks like they are going for the more affluent "granola" market and not the regular truck buyers. Ford's electric F150 is likely going to be king of the domestic market until GM and RAM get their acts together.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
The big MFGs have the advantage for sure but I wonder if Rivian will wait for Ford and/or the others to just get ready to release and then say "hey look, we have this cheaper version right now!"

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't think that will be the final design either. But I do think it will be pretty Spartan and lacking a lot of options like the Model 3 and Model Y. Unless Tesla ups their game, I don't believe they will be able to complete once the traditional automakers are fully into the EV business. And the same goes for Rivian. It looks like they are going for the more affluent "granola" market and not the regular truck buyers. Ford's electric F150 is likely going to be king of the domestic market until GM and RAM get their acts together.

Rivian took way to long to come out and they may have missed their opportunity to control the market.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree but they are the only ones producing a electric truck at the moment - coming off the assembly line

True, but they won't last(like you said) when the major brands start producing them. I hope they do as the more options out there, it will always create competition. With competition comes better products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outofmyleague