TRX vs Rivian

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Rivian looks to be decent offroad. And very fast 0 to 60 and 1/4mile. About the same range in miles. And priced close to the same

Discuss?

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
I have see these trucks or the one concept truck are they making them for sale now ??

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
I think they wanted a down payment to get in line but none were being built yet.

tinman454

We want freedom
Reaction score
Good to hear the more companys making them the better The choices and prices

TReX-RAM

Reaction score
Night and day to me. But I like ICE and I am very skewed.
Performance will favor the EV’s 0-60 and 1/4 mile mostly as well. But I need audio and the TRX provides that ten-fold.
The Rivian looks adorable and gets better range than my TRX…but this is hard for me to look at, almost cartoonish:
1636001701721.png

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
If the Rivian has Li-ion batteries then not interested at all, some of us need batteries that can handle very cold weather. Yes they may have heaters etc. but that would mean being able to plug in where ever you stop at. That is not an option where I live.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't put the Ford Lightning into the mix. I think the lightning will be oit selling the rivian by angling shot. Rivian has taken way to long to get their trucks out to the public. They ann themselves what, like 5 years ago?

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
The TRX and Rivian are equal in just about every metric - including offroad, price, speed...

Personally I am a ICE man. I love my 392. I had the option of Tesla S and/or Hellcat. I chose ICE because as stated above, I like the feedback. The rumble, the sound, rowing the gears. It is not an appliance to me, it is enjoyment, and the current electric vehicles take that away.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The TRX and Rivian are equal in just about every metric - including offroad, price, speed...

Personally I am a ICE man. I love my 392. I had the option of Tesla S and/or Hellcat. I chose ICE because as stated above, I like the feedback. The rumble, the sound, rowing the gears. It is not an appliance to me, it is enjoyment, and the current electric vehicles take that away.

I figured that right after I posted what I did above, as the Rivian is categorizing more to offroad then the Lightning.

I love the tech and speed of the Teslas, and I also love the roar of a Charger Hellcat. I don't have either but the idea(dream) when the time comes, I will get the charger of the the Tesla for the exact reasons you stated. Now, if I could have both, I would, as the Telsa would be an awesome date night/grocery getting/long trip type car, but not spending $200k for both. :p

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I figured that right after I posted what I did above, as the Rivian is categorizing more to offroad then the Lightning.

I love the tech and speed of the Teslas, and I also love the roar of a Charger Hellcat. I don't have either but the idea(dream) when the time comes, I will get the charger of the the Tesla for the exact reasons you stated. Now, if I could have both, I would, as the Telsa would be an awesome date night/grocery getting/long trip type car, but not spending $200k for both. :p
Electric is numb - fast - but numb.

Now that said, an electric rock crawler would be a BEAST - imagine just turning a knob to maneuver the articulation. The problem is no 220V plug in at the top of the "peak"

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Electric is numb - fast - but numb.

Now that said, an electric rock crawler would be a BEAST - imagine just turning a knob to maneuver the articulation. The problem is no 220V plug in at the top of the "peak"

Totally agree with the numb statement but you would never buy a 100D Tesla?

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't put the Ford Lightning into the mix. I think the lightning will be oit selling the rivian by angling shot. Rivian has taken way to long to get their trucks out to the public. They ann themselves what, like 5 years ago?
I left out the Lightning because it is not out. The Rivian is

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Totally agree with the numb statement but you would never buy a 100D Tesla?
Nope. When my Camaro died, I looked at a lot of vehicles including Tesla, Hellcat Wide Body among others. The tesla was off the list fast. Braking sucked, handling sucked. Sure was fast as hell in a straight line but it was cometely numb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron