Up in smoke....

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
i saw that....there is a huge insurance payout in the furture.

Considering the average Bentley STARTS around $180,000 and goes up from there (there were several on board, I guess they still are but slightly changed from new) "huge" is too weak a word.

quietpeen

Reaction score
Considering the average Bentley STARTS around $180,000 and goes up from there (there were several on board, I guess they still are but slightly changed from new) "huge" is too weak a word.
Ouch, i was just considering that some porches are real expensive

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Plus, I just got an email update that my Lambo I ordered is now delayed! 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Wow! Will be interesting if it was the batteries that caused this

As hot as a car fire can get, and as many as are on fire, with them being left to burn out, unless a camera caught one going up, they may never know.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As hot as a car fire can get, and as many as are on fire, with them being left to burn out, unless a camera caught one going up, they may never know.
Was it coming to the US?

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, it said in the article that they were heading to a Volkswagen factory in Davisville, Rhode Island.
Gotcha. Missed that

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you meant just shy of half a billion.
I was thinking it had to be billion as well. Still crazy to see all those cars completely gone!

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Any "fire" that water cannot put out is bad freaking news.

I learned the hard way about class D fires. Back in the early 70's, I was waiting for my turn at the drag strip. A car a couple of places ahead of me blew an engine and caught fire. No big deal, right? Wrong! He had an illegal magnesium K frame to be lighter. He didn't tell anybody and when the fire truck sprayed it with water. No more racing as by the time the fire burned out, there was a large hole in the track. Magnesium components had been banned a few years before.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't you think they would have but some huge floating things on the boat so they could avoid it from sinking when they were towing it in?

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't you think they would have but some huge floating things on the boat so they could avoid it from sinking when they were towing it in?
Just hope they had a good insurance policy on it

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score

In harbor or even a smooth river, it would be difficult but possible. On the open ocean, it wasn't really possible. Looking at the picture, it looked like a huge crack running up the side of the hull. With the list, it probably turned turtle and went straight down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron