What Did You Do With Your TRX (or Other Ram) Today?

quietpeen

Reaction score
Here is what they look like
C723BB1B-A8CE-4B51-8E3A-DF2D1D44188B.jpeg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blacked out lower skid plate and swapped out ice cream cone center caps for flush caps. Before and After. (y)

View attachment 1014View attachment 1015

Skid plate looks much better color matched with the fenders. Flushed out caps look much better to. You liking your light bar location still, now that you have had some time with it?

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Skid plate looks much better color matched with the fenders. Flushed out caps look much better to. You liking your light bar location still, now that you have had some time with it?

Thanks and yes loving all the mods I've done to date.

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it just amber or is it both amber and normal white?

Also, are you more into the TRX then your Gen 2 Raptor?

The light bar is white with amber backlighting. No, equally I'd say. I did a load of mods to both my Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The light bar is white with amber backlighting. No, equally I'd say. I did a load of mods to both my Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors.

Does the backlight amber still do the job on showing enough yellow at night? I just bought a Baja light bar for my Raptor and it has amber backlighing. Was curious how bright that yellow will be.

APEX REX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the backlight amber still do the job on showing enough yellow at night? I just bought a Baja light bar for my Raptor and it has amber backlighing. Was curious how bright that yellow will be.

Backlighting is just a "it looks cool" thing, it doesn't provide any nighttime or real illumination, that's what the primary light function on the light bar does. They are similar to the marker lights on the Raptor/TRX. I have mine wired, so the amber backlighting is always on when I start the truck but when I hit the Aux 1 switch, then the primary light goes on in replace of the backlight.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Backlighting is just a "it looks cool" thing, it doesn't provide any nighttime or real illumination, that's what the primary light function on the light bar does. They are similar to the marker lights on the Raptor/TRX. I have mine wired, so the amber backlighting is always on when I start the truck but when I hit the Aux 1 switch, then the primary light goes on in replace of the backlight.

Cool. Need to look into doing that on mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skeberj