Can't buy anything.

grouch

Reaction score
I went through Atlanta airport today. When I went through Dallas/Fort Worth, prices were a bit steep but not too bad. I understand that. Atlanta, when I went through, about half the stores in the Concourse were closed. NONE of the ones open would take cash. Credit or Debit cards only. Plus, I saw a place called Georgia's Juke Joint. It looked like a decent BBQ place. At least that's what people were eating. I don't know for sure WHAT they serve. I wanted a place to sit and relax while eating. No menus, no cash, credit or debit only, no servers to see what you want. You MUST read the QR code (which my phone won't do), you MUST order online, and you MUST give the waitress your card.

Screw that. I went down the way to a 5 Guys outlet. I've heard good stuff about them. A fairly long line but I can wait my turn. Get up there, sakes, who can afford those prices. $9.69 for a plain old hamburger. If I figure a 7% sales tax like Indiana has, a burger fries and drink would run me over $35. I did't pay that for a steak at TGI Fridays in the Dallas airport. I ended up getting a bottle of Sprite Zero and ate some Pop Tarts I keep handy in case my blood sugar crashes. I had to pay with a card even for a bottle of soft drink. The reader didn't want to take my card even then. It took a good 10 minutes just to buy one bottle.

I don't like flying. Don't get me wrong, both airlines I flew on, the flight crews were all great. Even the TSA people were professional and efficient. If I EVER fly through Atlanta again though, I'm packing plenty of snacks to eat. If they do't want my money, I won't make them take it.

OP
OP
G

grouch

Reaction score
Went to Wally Wurld today. The GF wants to go camping so I was going to grab some supplies. I had that Walmart card with a little left on it so I figured I'd use it up.

First off, each time I use it, there's a $2.00 charge. This is after $4.95 processing to buy the silly thing in the first place. Went to pay and leave, NO cashiers! Not one, self check out only. Right as you go in, it says gift cards are NOT accepted on self check out. In other words, my money isn't good. I don't like self check out as one, I'm working for them for free and two, I'm taking somebody else's job away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twawzysko